What It Takes To Improve

This chapter does not only refer to art, but it's a message for life in general.
As I was looking at earlier artworks of mine from this year, I noticed I improved a lot during the summer.

Both these sides are from 2017

Although my current art is FAR from being good, I am still content with how much I learnt in less than six months.

During the summer, I was met with bad wifi and isolation from my friends. But I had one thing: drawing. Turning on my music, grabbing my pencil and creating strokes on the paper were my pastime. I drew everyday, got better everyday and wasted a crap ton of paper.

I just want to say that you will only see change when you work hard enough for it.
Whether it's your grades, health or a skill you're trying to improve, until you just practice, work hard and work well, you won't see results.

You have to put time and effort into your work, constant motivation helps as well. Even if you feel like you're going to fail, you won't. Not until you stop working. I wish there was a shortcut to all of this, but not life hack can make you get better.

Think about it this way:
If you cheat during a test, not only is there a risk of failing, but you're not going to remember the information.
Meanwhile if you study efficiently and hard, you will be rewarded with a decent or great result.

A wise smol bean by the name of armin arlert once said: "someone who can't sacrifice anything can never hope to change anything"
I sacrificed my time, social interaction, and YouTube marathons (it was so hard to throw away the last one😭) to draw something everyday.

You can get better.
It is possible.

Thanks so much for reading! Sorry this was a different thing this time. I was feeling like I hadn't improved much this summer in anything other than art.

Noticing that I didn't work hard enough or do much, I of course didn't get better at anything.
I easily gave up on plans of becoming better, and I stopped trying.

I do feel much more content when I notice my improvement, even if it's only a small amount (as small as me ;-;).

So I thought that I should just share this message with all of you. There is no easy way to this, although I did find that playing music certainly helped keep me motivated😂.

Thank you all so much for reading! If you have any tips regarding anything, or just want to critique me on my horrible writing and quoting skills (and art skill😂), then feel free to comment! Until next time, peace out ✌️!