Chapter 1~ Shay

Running, Red , Blood, Woods

I woke up blood rushing to my brain. I began breathing heavily. You'd think by this point I'd be used to the nightmares . I've been having nightmares since summer began but this one felt different almost real. I got out of bed and went my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I look dead inside.My black hair was tangled up in the top of my hair. It looked like an actual rat's nest. My blue eyes look soulless. I usually look like this when I wake up. I decided to brush my lion's main in order to make myself look socially expectable. After my hair looks as best as its gonna get. I brush my teeth until all I can taste is mint and then I rush downstairs.

When a get downstairs I make myself I fresh cup of tea. I go to take a sip of tea and as soon as the tea touches my tongue I realize how burning hot it is. So i spit it out into the sink and let the tea sit for a minute. I went on my phone as I wait for the tea to cool. After scrolling through Instagram for 15 minutes I decided that the tea was cool so I take another sip. This time it was perfect so i pour the tea into a travel mug and rush outside.

Before I can make it out side my mom blocks the front door. " where have you been" she said

"sleeping" I replied

"Told you to be up at 8:00am"

I look at the clock it reads 10:53am

"Mom I'm an adult. I can sleep in if I want"

" Adult my ass get in the car"

I obey and go outside. My mom follows and locks the door behind use. By the car is my baby brother packing up the rest of his stuff. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he's 18. I remember that he was so scared to start Kindergarten and now he's starting college. With him is my baby sister who is helping him pack up. I also can't believe she's 14 and starting high school. I remember when she was born. I remember my parents let me choose her name, I chose Kaleigh. That was 14 years ago. We are all slowly dying.

I look inside the trunk. Boxes are inside labeled "Liam" along with my suitcase.

"you ready?" I ask Liam

" As ready as I'll ever be" He replies

Suddenly the front door bursts open. It's my other baby brother Elijah. He ran up to Liam and gave him a big hug

"Be safe big bro" he says

" Will do little buddy" Liam replise

Elijah gives a little baby frown

"Hey you'll be ok." Liam says noticing how sad Elijah is

" I'm just gonna miss you" Elijah says

We all go silent for a moment

"You'll be ok. You're gonna make a lot of friends in first grade." Liam says

" Will do"

Elijah and Liam give each other one final fist bump. Elijah runs over to me and gives me a little hug. When we break a part ruffle his hair with my one free hand. Then runs over to mom and Kaleigh.

"Drive safe" Mom says

"Will do" I replied

Liam is silent as he takes one last look at the house. " Bye everyone" He says as he waves at Mom, Kaleigh and Elijah. They wave back.

I get into the front of the car and I put my cup of tea in the cup holder. Liam enters the other side we look at each other then look at the 3 of them.

" I hope they"ll be ok" Liam says

" They'll be fine" I reply

They smile back as put the key in the ignition and start the car. They begin to wave at us as I pull out of the driveway.

"I'm gonna miss them." Liam says as there smiling faces get further and further in the distance.

" Of course you will" I reply " but you get used to it"

" I can't believe your 21" Liam says

"I can't believe your 18" I reply

We start talking about Kaleigh and Elijah and how we remember when they were born and Its nice to watch both of them grow up. The conversation fades into taking about high school and how Liam is sad that his high school friends are gonna fade away. It's nice to talk about the past as the town passes in the distance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay first chapter done very happy about how this is gonna turn out so stay tuned. BTW the pic is another cover done by: Athena-Cabin

Much Love

Izzy