Chapter 4

We all sat there wondering what would be next. We never expected to go through these experiences. We never expected any one to die. We're trapped. Everyone is going to keep dying. There's nothing we can do to help it...
Denise's point of view
After placing the gem on the pedestal, we heard a loud crash in the kitchen. We ran to the source and saw two creatures attacking a man. "Stay back!" Syrena yells at us. She pulls out two black swords. She yells before running and slashing at the creatures. She cuts of the head of one of the beast's head while the other whimpered and ran away. "Thank you! Thank you!" The man says to Syrena while bowing. Syrena did something that surprised us all. She kicked the guy in the chest and stabbed him.

"What did you do that for!?" Veronica yells at Syrena. "He was a spy for the bloody chef." Syrena tells us. "Who is is my kitchen!?!" We hear a scary voice yell. "You need to run!" Syrena yells. We start running and as soon as we turn a corner we see a man with a bloody apron, a bloody beard, and a bloody meat cleaver. "I think I'm gonna be sick" Nova says. "You can be sick later. We need to get to the dining room." Mikey says to her. We run yo the dining room and Katie and Mikey grab a metal pole and slide it through the handles. "Look for something before he gets in!" Katie yells as she runs to the door and pushes on it with Mikey, Lindsay, and Veronica.
We search around the dining room for literally anything. "I found a note!" Annamarie holds up a piece of paper confidently. "It's a recipe for a cake" I say looking at the paper. Soon enough, a little old woman walks out. "Someone needs to make the cake or he'll be angry." She says with a shaky voice. "Someone must also serve it."

"Okay, this sounds like a challenge and I don't know if you'll die or not but we need to vote."

Confessions

Nova- "I'm definitely voting for Denise. She seems to be slacking off and she's not a big help to the team."

Katie- "I'm gonna vote Nova because she has it out for Denise. No one messes with my wifey."

Sakura- "Nova seems to have a problem with Denise and none of us can figure out a reason why. That's really putting a big target on her back."

End of confessions

"Okay, please vote." After a few minutes, the voting is done and Syrena draws the cards. "Denise" she draws another. "Nova." The old woman leads Nova and Denise into a kitchen. "Here's the recipe." She hands them both a paper. They run to the tables and get to work. Both are going at a steady pace until- "I can't find the sugar." Nova says loudly. "Where's the sugar? Oh my god! Where's the sugar?!?" Denise puts her cake in the oven. "Denise, you have to help me find the sugar. Please? I cant die here." Denise looks at the oven and sees the time almost up. "I'll help you. Go check the pantry. I'll check the jars." They search for it. The oven rings and Denise gets out the cake. "I'm sorry, but you have to bring this to him" The woman says while handing a slice of cake to Nova. "You were so pretty. It's sad that the beauty will go to waste." The old lady also says. Denise goes back to the group while the lady leads Nova to the Chef. "Here you go chef." Nova says setting the cake down. The chef takes a bite and starts choking. "You- you did this!" He yells and runs after Nova. He catches up to Nova and grabs her. "No! Help! What did I do?!" She screams before being thrown into the fire. The chef turns blue before falling and breaking the table. The group can hear Nova's screams and most cover their ears or cry. "I must repay you for saving me." The lady says while offering a yellow gemstone to Denise. "It called the Gem of the Sun. Personally I believe it's just a Topaz." Denise tanks her and places the gem on the pedestal. A flurry of smoke starts and the witch shows up. "You killed one of my people! You know the old saying "an eye for an eye?" Well I believe that fits perfectly here. One of you must die!!" She says before a beast with blood-streaked fur and giant horns and claws runs at us. We start running, but Tyler grabs a sword off a stand and runs at the beast. He slashes at the beast and hits its neck. The beast lets out a cry of pain and grabs Tyler's neck. He stabs the sword through the beast's chest but not before the beast stabbed its claws through his neck...