Chapter 5

"Rory." She felt a slight push on her shoulder. "Wake up hun." Rory rolled over to see James smiling above her. "Come on now; I want to show you the sun rise." She sat up and looked over at James. "It's 5 AM." He nodded and walked over to her duffle bag. He pulled out her jeans and a long sleeve shirt. "Here put these on." He placed them on her bed and she sighed. "I thought this wouldn't be this early." James Allen chuckled, "I told the morning...now hurry." Rory stood up and slipped on her jeans. She didn't care that James was there in the room. Rory saw nothing wrong with her great aunt son watching her change. She felt comfortable and safe around him. She peeled off her shirt and slipped over her head long sleeve crew neck. James handed her sneakers, and once they were on, they headed directly out the back door and onto a walking path.

The trail was traveled, and it was leading them into the woods. James and Rory walked closed side by side. The farther they got into the woods the beauty of the Ozarks appeared. As Rory looked around and was in awe of the beauty James began to speak up, "So what happened last night?" James started the conversation to talk about the disturbance he heard between Tommy and Rory. "James I told you nothing." James shook his head. "You're lying." He took her hand into his and pulled her closer to him. "Just tell me." They walked hand and hand together for a while longer. Rory was not worried about the reaction of James, but just telling Tommy's secret. He was gay. Rory knew he was trying to hide it. The only thing she wishes was Tommy being honest with himself. To Rory, love was love. No matter where you found it. She saw that with her mother and father. Love was everywhere.

"Tommy writes erotica." She half told the truth. "He didn't want me to read it." James' eyebrows rose. "That's it?" Rory nodded. "He's okay. I've—"

"You've read better?" He smirked down at the 17-year-old girl next to him. He watched her cheek turn to a tint of pink. "Dirty girl." James playfully nudges her, and she laughed. "As if you haven't!" James smiled, and his blue eyes were glowing. "It's beautiful writing in my opinion."

"Speaking about how a woman's body is?" He nodded. "It's a beauty. You gotta love what the almighty put on this earth. From her breast to her bum, it must be worship."

They walk a little farther and until James started to go off the path a little. "You're sure you know where you're going?" James said yes to Rory and led the way. They walked down some hilly area and up again. Soon more rockets began to appear and grow around them. Rory looked above and saw that the trees were dense. Soon they entered an opening.Rory's mouth dropped. Rocks naturally formed around them made a beautiful opening for a small natural pool.

"I found this place when I was a kid. Your uncles and I use to come here and swim. I thought I show you this place."

"I figured you said we were going to see the sun rise?" James smile. "Look up." Rory looked up, and the opening showed the sky flawlessly. No, you couldn't see the sun directly, but you can see the changing of the colors of the heavens. Rory heard James sat down his backpack and she turned to see him lay out a sleeved blanket on the ground. He monitored for her to come and sit down, So she did.

James embraced her in her arms and held her. He gently pulled her into his lap. Rory leaned back on his chest and relaxed. "I miss you." He said and kissed her neck. "I missed you too." She turns her head to look up at him. She placed a soft hand on his check and innocently kissed his lips. Deep in her gut, she knew this was wrong, but she loved him. To her, he was all that she needed. To James, this shouldn't have happened, but it did. James couldn't help his feelings for her. She was a beauty of a woman and saw how ever present she could be in his life. She was his rock. James placed a tender kiss on the top of his head and held her tighter. They haven't been in each other in almost six months. The last visit he paid to his cousin Davis. Davis and James were close but very close as they grew older, but when they were children and teens, they did everything despite the age gap. James moved away because of his affection toward Rory.