Pain.

You don't know what pain is.
no I don't know what pain is; but I do know that internal struggle, feeling like your thoughts are at war with your mind.
that what you perceive is not what everybody else sees.
I do know the pressure of trying to be the best hundred percent of time and always falling 10 feet short.
no, I don't know what pain is.
However I do know that sharp feeling of turning the blank white canvas that is your wrist into an explosion of red by drawing one
Two
Three
Four perfectly straight red lines across your wrist.
half inch apart 3 inches long.
perfect.
perfect size, perfect length,  perfect because if these can be perfect maybe you can be too.
No I don't know what pain is.
but I do know the feeling of going a week.
two weeks without eating because you can't stand the look yourself in the mirror.
No I do not know what pain is. Despite looking over the edge of a cliff debating the value of falling headfirst down into that black empty nothing.
I do not know what pain is.
That mental eating away at the mind.
The black hole that exists in your brain, every single good thought disappears into it.
Feelings at the tip of your tongue when you have something to say but you can't quite grasp the full words because you feel your mind eating away at itself but no I do not know what pain is.
I only know emptyness and sadness.
loneliness
The "I'm not good enough"
"everybody else is so much better"
Although I will tell you I don't know what your pain is and you can't know what my pain is.
Pain is to abstract for definition.
My pain is the feeling of my skin as I try and create a physical sensation for the mental pain.
Your pain could be breaking up with a long term love.
Losing a family heirloom.
Breaking an arm.
Too much stress.
It could be a million different things.
Pain means different things to different people and we cannot believe that our person pain is more important than anybody else's.
All we can do is be there to help and turn that pain into an ache and that ache into something better.
Everybody has pain.
Everybody deals with pain differently.
I am trying to find a new way to cope with mine, but don't tell me that I don't know what it is.