0 ~ Prologue

A/N : hello readers :)) I hope you'll like this prologue...

Blanche
~

"Why ?" I whispered, my voice breaking after all the shouting I've done. My hands were shaking and my face was hot, soaked by my tears. "Why would you do that ?" Confusion was the biggest emotion I felt right at this moment. My heart was heavy in my chest, broken in millions of pieces. I was sad. The saddest I've ever felt. I was shocked. I really didn't see that coming. Or maybe I did.

"I'm sorry." Michael repeated. Those were the only words that came out of his mouth. His face was low, held by both his hands. I couldn't see his eyes, but his voice was not breaking like mine was. His hands weren't shaking like mine were. No tears were falling off his face like they did to me. He was no one. No expressions on his face. Nothing. He was not Michael. At least, not the Michael I knew for these last three years. That one was gone. I felt it now. The man in front of me was heartless.

"Who are you ?" I asked, heartbroken. My hands were messing with my hair out of frustration. My vision was blurry and I had to lean against the wall so I didn't fall on the floor. He still wasn't reacting, his eyes looking straight to the coffee table. He stayed still, like a statue. And I was here, a complete crazy mess, inches away from him. I could die right there, and he would remain seated, repeating "I'm sorry", his last and only words with neutrality until the end of the world. Like a robot created to destroy my soul and break my heart.

Is that really what I deserved ? I was good to him, and he was good to me during our whole relationship. He was the love of my life, and he always said I was his. Why would he break up with me with absolutely no reason to do so ? Hundreds of questions were rushing in my head. No one was able to answer them.

Michael was dead.