Chapter 11

Thankfully, by the time the waitress came around to take their drink orders, Dipper had managed to compose himself, and was no longer a blushing mess hiding behind his hands. The waitress was a young lady, seeming about Dipper's age, perhaps a year older, with shoulder length brown hair that fell in ringlets around her face, a few loose strands falling into her light grey eyes. Her pale skin was dusted with freckles and when she smiled down at the two of them, it was revealed she had a dimple in her left cheek.

"Hello! My name's Morgan, I'll be your server today. Can I get you two anything to drink?" she wondered brightly, notepad braced against her hip, pen at the ready. Bill looked up at her with a wide smile, flicking his hair out of his face with a swift motion.

"Two Pitt-Colas, please," he requested, and the girl nodded, scribbling down their order.

"Would you like that in the can, or on ice, sir?" Bill's eyes drifted to Dipper for a moment in hesitance, so the teen quickly picked up for him.

"In the can is fine, thanks," he told Morgan with a small smile. The waitress nodded happily, informing them that she'd be 'right back with their orders,' then disappeared to wait on another customer. Bill leaned back in his seat, grinning to himself. Dipper raised an eyebrow at him and he shrugged, fiddling absentmindedly with his scarf.

"Never been called 'sir' before," he explained simply. Dipper blinked, a bit caught off guard by the odd statement. Surely it wasn't that big of a deal to be called 'sir,' considering it's just proper etiquette, especially among waiters, waitresses, and waitpersons of other identifications. Perhaps this was simply one of those times when the little things in human existence, like heightened sensory nerves and sleep, were intriguing and downright hilariously fun for the dream demon. The teen huffed a small laugh, shaking his head slightly at the other's antics.

"It's common courtesy in a restaurant for the staff to use titles like 'sir,' 'ma'am,' 'miss,' et cetera," he explained, folding the corners of his napkin over in a seemingly random manner. Bill watched him for a moment, a fond smile growing on his lips at the unfocused concentration in the brunette's eyes, the twitch of his lips as his fingers folded and tucked the napkin beneath them. Bill hummed slightly, unable to take his eyes off of the teen beside him.

"Granted, but I still kinda like it. Makes me feel important," he admitted, which received a lighthearted snort from Dipper. "I'm serious!" he defended himself with a laugh, his heart fluttering slightly as the teen gave him that over the shoulder smirk that always had him reeling. "Maybe you should start calling me sir," he suggested with a sly grin. Dipper's nose crinkled up in disgust, pulling another rich laugh from Bill's lips.

"How about no," he growled, elbowing the blonde playfully as he sat back in his seat again.

"No sir," the chaos god corrected. Dipper groaned, rolling his eyes despite the small smirk of humor fighting its way onto his face.

"I swear, Cipher, I'm gonna destroy you," he threatened. Bill grinned, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Kinky," he teased. Dipper balled up his napkin, his cheeks firing up crimson red again, and threw it at the blonde, who just laughed as it bounced harmlessly off his face and into his lap.

"Shut up, you know that's not what I... ugh..." Dipper grumbled, attempting to hide in his hands again. This time, however, Bill pulled him into his arms instead, nuzzling into the crook of his neck, which only served to redden the teen's face to a seemingly unhealthy state. His throat felt tight as he struggled to breathe, his heart thudding exceedingly fast and unbearably loud, he was certain the blonde could hear it. "L-Let go of me, B-Bill," he managed. The dream demon just hummed, the sound vibrating against Dipper's neck and sending chills down his spine.