63: How Could You(Part 3)

PART 3

I wake up almost every night with the same nightmare. I’m crying every night for the same nightmare. I wake up to find that you’re not beside me anymore. One year with you already giving me so much memory. Every single day I spent to think about you. Now, I’m still standing here, alone. But then I realize I should have started to walk… Leaving all of our memories behind…

It’s an ordinary day as you are walking around the beach on this Sunday morning. Yeah, you decided to take a break on your college/school and go back to your hometown, staying with your parents for awhile. Running from Seoul, running from the reality. You are very thankful that your parents seem to notice your weariness and they are not asking any question.

You find the beach is not crowed since it is early morning. You sit down on the sand, closing your eyes, enjoying the sound of the wave and the smell of the sea. Thinking back all the things you’ve been trough these past two months since   that   day. It’s already 2 months but the pain is still there. Suddenly, a piece of handkerchief is flying right to your face.

“Awww… What is this!”   You say surprisely.

“Omoo, I’m really sorry!”

You look at that person and suddenly fell terrible of your words. He shows a really apologizing face.

“Oh nooo. I’m sorry. I was just so surprised.”

“I’m the one who should say sorry. You know what I’m running like hell to catch that handkerchief!” he says with a very cute face and you can’t help but laughing.

“What? Is there anything wrong?”

“No, nothing. Here! Take it.”   You say as you’re handing him his handkerchief.

He smile and thanked you.

“Are you new here?”

“No, I’m just visiting my parents for awhile.”

“Ohh. No wonder I’ve never seen you before. Can I sit here?”

Actually you want to be alone at this time, but there is something about him that makes you more comfortable.

“Of course.”   You say as he is now sitting beside you.

“Oh, I’m KimJoo by the way. I’m 22 years old.”

“I’m ______. I’m (your age) this year. How long have you lived here, KimJoo-ssi?”

“Aihhh. Just call me Oppa. Don’t be too polite. Yes, I’ve been living here since I was born.”

You enjoy talking to him and somehow both of you have talked more than two hours. You find out that he is now working in his parents restaurant and he wants to expand the business to Seoul.

“Can you be my guide when I visit Seoul?” he smiles at you.

“Well, depends on how much do you want to pay me.”   You smirk at him.

“Yaaa!” he says as he bugs out.

“Hahahaha… Then what do you have for me?”

“Emmm… How about I cook for you?”

“You can cook?”

“Of course! I’ve been on kitchen since I was a baby! My father used to take me to the kitchen.”

“Well, not bad.”

“Deal?”

“Deal!”

After that he walks you home and both of you promise to meet up at the beach tomorrow morning and he will take you to his restaurant, cook for you. You can’t deny that his presence is filling a little space on your broken – shattered heart.

It’s already 10 days since you were here. Honestly, you don’t want to go back to Seoul, but you have to. Your college/school is waiting and you don’t want to disappoint your parents who trusted you to study at Seoul. During your stay here, you spent everyday single with KimJoo. He kindly accompanying you to walk around the town and cook you every food you wanted to eat and his food is really delicious. He’s even much better than you in cooking. You also tell him about half of your broken-hearted story and of course you don’t mention “Jumin Han”-thing. Frankly speaking, thanks to him, you can started to move on. Seeing his effort to help his family business at his young age, giving you sort of admiration.

You finished packing up all your stuffs and ready to go to the bus-stop. You make a farewell with your parents and heading outside. You’re surprised as you find KimJoo standing in front of the house.

“What are you doing?”

“Errr… Waiting for you. Why?”

“No, no. I just never thought you will show up today.”

“Let’s go! You don’t want to miss the bus right?” he smiles at you.

It doesn’t take a lot of time to the bus-stop and both of you sitting in the bench waiting for the bus.

“Anyway, thank you for accompanying me here. You don’t have to send me today actually. You have to work.”  You smile at him.

“Can’t I?” he looks at you with a tense expression, something you’ve never seen from him.

“What do you mean?”

“Wait for me to come to Seoul. Will you?”

You are really not expecting things like this. You like to be with him but you also really realize that you’re totally not over Jumin yet.

“I… I don’t know yet…”   you honestly answer him,

“Just please don’t say no. I will wait until you’re ready. I know it kinda quick for me to say things like this. But, I don’t want to miss the chance.” He stares at you intensely.

Before you could think more, the bus is already coming.

“Here, take this.” He gives you a seashell phone-strap. It’s really beautiful.

“Omoo! It’s really beautiful! Thank you, Oppa!”   you brightly smile at him and he suddenly kiss your cheek, lightly.

“Get in the bus. Text me when you arrive in Seoul.” He smiles gently at you.

You stun for a second and quickly get in the bus, waving to him.

The bus started to move. You quickly hang the phone-strap on your phone, when suddenly your phone is beeping. You open the message and your body feels like freezing. Someone who you really want to delete from your life. Someone who you thought will love you forever.

✉ _______, how are you doing? Can we meet up? Please…   ✉

You read the text again and again, convincing yourself. You are about to reply his text when suddenly you hesitate as your eyes are stuck in the seashore hanging on your phone…

Xoxoxoxoxo

Don't know people still read my book/story 😅 i thought they/you guys bored already

Anyway thanks for still voting my book 😄

Still waiting for V Route 😙