Grounded

Dustin's POV

Ross never came back. I'm really starting to worry about him. It started snowing earlier. Oh my god, what if he got lost out in the snow?!

This is all my fault. I'm such a horrible person. Ross was right to break up with me, I don't deserve someone like him. I deserve nothing, no one.

I deserve to die.

I feel like dying.

I was pulled away from my thoughts when the front door opened. I looked to the entrance way to see Ross covered in snow. I smiled widely as I got off the couch and ran over to him, pulling him into my arms. "God, I was so worried ab-" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Get off of me." He said lowly. I tensed and slowly backed away, releasing him.

He didn't even look at me as he walked up the stairs. Halfway up, he spoke. "I'm going back home tomorrow morning." I stared after him in shock. I heard my bedroom door slam shut and that's when I started to cry. This is all my fault. I'm a horrible person. I cheated on my boyfriend and now he hates me.

The rest of the night was super awkward. I told my mom everything, and she was pissed too. She's not pissed because I cheated on Ross - thank God, I don't need more guilt added on to that - she was pissed because I got drunk and because I slept with someone in the first place.

Ross didn't come down for dinner, my mom brought it up to him. He did bring his own plate down. He told my mom that he felt bad about her doing it for him. He went back upstairs after that.

He didn't look at me once the whole time.

Now here I am, trying to fall asleep on the couch. I could've slept in my room, but I didn't want to bother Ross. He already hates me, I don't want to make things worse. Nothing will ever be the same between us, I already know it.

Eventually, I let the darkness take over me. I was tired of thinking too much about this. It was hurting my head. I just needed to be away from it all, even just for a moment.

.....

I woke up the next morning with an aching back and a horrible headache. Slowly I sat up and rose to my feet. I walked into the kitchen where my sister was sitting, eating bacon. My mom was standing at the oven, making food.

I sighed and sat down in a seat. "Well, today is the day I lose Ross. Forever."

"No, it isn't." My mom replied, quickly.

I looked up at her like she was crazy. "Yes, it is. He's going back to California and he's never going to speak to me again."

She turned back to me, smiling. "Look at the TV." She said.

I turned around and saw the news on. Suddenly, the words ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED LEAVING AND ENTERING PA DUE TO BLIZZARD. I looked out the kitchen window to see snow falling like crazy. I looked back at the TV with a huge smile on my face.

I opened my mouth to speak when suddenly I was cut off. "WHAT?!?" I turned around to see an angry Ross in the kitchen doorway, with his bags already packed.

He flared as the words flashed across the screen again.

Suddenly he turned around and ran back up the stairs. I slowly turned around to face my mom.

She smiled at me. "You have another chance." She said. And I just smiled back.

"I do."