Chapter One

(WARNING: Swearing)
Zenix's POV
I was one of those kids that nobody payed attention to. I wasn't the nicest, and my grades were average. And I had no friends. I basically had no family either because I had no siblings, and my parents were never around to care about me. So I took care of myself almost all my life.
I was sitting on the pavement, alone as always. When I overheard an interesting conversation. Eavesdropping was my hobby you could say. "Gene what are you staring at?" A girl asked. "Gene?" She spoke again. "Do you know him?" The male called Gene asked, looking in my direction. "No." The girl replied. "Let's say hi." Gene spoke. He walked up to me. I gazed up at the male with raven hair. "Hello, I'm Gene. Are you new?" "No I'm not new. You probably just never cared to look at me." I responded coldly. "Hey Sasha, this guy is interesting." He grinned. Interesting? I just told him off why interesting? The girl he was with earlier walked over. "I'm Sasha. Your name is?" She spoke expecting an answer. "Zenix." I replied. "Interesting. Tell us more, Zenix." Gene squared down to look me in the eyes. He ran his fingers through his raven hair, looking at me intensely with his turquoise eyes. I had never seen somebody with eyes like that. Wait... am I... admiring him? No, I can't be. I told him about myself, he seemed so interested.
"Hey Gene, what's up?" A blue haired guy said walking up to us. "What do you want?" Gene replied. "You don't mind if Travis and Vylad come over right?" The bluenette asked. They lived together? "Dante I really don't give a sh*t" Gene said coldly. So he was a bit of a jerk huh? Like me. "Whatever. So is this your new man?" Dante asked looking at me. "Shut up." Gene growled. "Be careful. Gene isn't as nice as he seems. He can be naughty." Dante grinned. What did he mean by naughty?

TIME SKIP (To lunch at kewl skewl)
I sat down where I normally sit alone, when somebody sat next to me. I turned to the male with turquoise eyes. Who did this guy think he was? Why did he even give a sh*t about me? "Hey Zenix." Gene spoke. "Where's that Sasha girl?" I asked. "Telling some guy off." He responded calmly. I overheard a conversation behind me. "How is that guy talking with a Shadow Knight?" One person said. "It that Gene? Being nice to him?!" The other gasped. Was it uncommon for Gene to be kind? What is a Shadow Knight? I think I have heard people talking about so called Shadow Knights before. Like I said my hobby is eavesdropping. "So, Zenix. Wanna hang out at my place later?" Gene asked me. "Sure. Not like I have family to care." I replied. A short girl walked by with an huge male. "Hey kitty." Gene smirked at the female. Kitty? What a stupid name. "Leave her alone." The guy growled. "Calm down Aaron. I'm just saying hi." Gene rolled his turquoise eyes. "Well Gene, who is this?" The girl asked eyeing me skeptically. "The names' Zenix." I replied giving them a hard stare. "I'm hoping he's nothing like you." Aaron glared at Gene. "Why else would I have talked to him?" Gene replied. "I don't know, maybe you like him." The female grinned. "Well I can't say he isn't attractive. Heh more attractive than Aaron." Gene responded. WAIT WHAT?! Attractive?! More attractive than Aaron? Is that saying something because Aaron is a pretty good looking guy. "Looks like Gene has a new guy to seduce." The tiny female replied. "I never said I was going to. So shut it kitty." Gene glared at her. "Aph let's go." Aaron said as they walked off.

"Attractive?" I questioned. "What don't want to take a compliment?" He replied. "I... I have never gotten a compliment before." I looked down. "I'll give you as many as you want." Gene responded. Then I did something I hadn't done in AGES. I smiled. A small faint smile. But it was the biggest smile I had given in years. But then I started to think. Did Gene find me attractive? Like for real? Is that why he was staring at me? Is that why he spoke with me? Zenix your just over thinking things. He is just, nice? Human contact is confusing. No wonder I don't talk with people.

TIME SKIP (To after school)
I exited the school. Why was the only thing I could think about today, Gene? I saw Gene talking with the blue haired boy from before, and two other guys. I walked up to them. "There you are." Gene slightly smiled. "Oh I forgot. This is my brother Dante. That's his friend Travis and Dante's boyfriend Vylad." The raven haired introduced me. "Gene! I told you we weren't dating!" Dante growled, blushing slightly. Vylad's face was red. "Sure now lets go." Gene rolled his eyes. We started walking to Gene's house. I was quiet until Gene asked me, "You alright?" "I'm fine. I just... don't talk with people often." I responded. Gene nodded along with what I said. We continued walking. "My Irene Gene, you can stop staring at the guy." Dante chuckled. I brought my gaze to Gene, who was indeed, staring at me. The raven haired punched his brother's arm. I laughed a bit. Other peoples' misery makes me laugh. "The robot laughs!" Vylad gasped. I was about to punch him, but Gene did that for me. I just noticed that Travis guy barely said a thing. "Calling me a robot? Look at Travis." I said. Travis turned his head towards me. One of his eyes a menacing purple the other an emerald green. I thought both eyes were green when I first saw him. "Travis are you alright?!" Vylad asked. The male didn't move. The white haired's breathing got faster. "It's okay Travis. We should tell them." Dante spoke holding the white haired's arm. "Is he okay?" Gene asked. "I never mentioned this but... Travis is part demon..." Dante explained. Travis nodded, as his skin turned grey and horns came from his head. Other people would have been like, "Oh my Irene! Get him away from me!" "That's kind of cool." Is what I said. "Y-Your not afraid of me?" Travis asked. "Nah, sounds cool." Gene spoke up. I guess he didn't know either. Travis hugged me and Gene at the same time, pushing me close to the raven haired. Travis then looked at our faces and grinned. He pushed me even closer to Gene. My hands ended up on the raven haired's chest, with his arms around my waist. Our faces almost touched. I heard Vylad and Dante laughing like mad. Travis pushed me closer and my nose brushed Gene's. I felt a pounding in my chest. My body felt warmer than if I had a winter jacket on in summer. What was this feeling? Was it normal? Did he have this feeling too? A slight pink dusted Gene's cheeks. Dante looked at my face and laughed even more. "I didn't know it was even possible for somebody to blush that much!" He laughed. "You haven't seen Zane when the topic is Travis!" Vylad giggled, making Travis blush. Dante and his friend burst out laughing. I quickly pulled myself away from Gene and looked away. He did the same. "Idiot." He growled at Travis. "Face it Gene! You liked being that close to Zenix!" Dante chuckled. "Say another word, and I'll have your head on my wall." Gene glared at his brother. Vylad shot a glare back at Gene. Wonder why? Dante kept his mouth shut. I would if I were him. Gene had a very threatening glare that nobody wants to mess with. We quickly walked the rest of the way to Gene and Dante's place.
My heart was still pounding in my chest.