A World Anew

Listen Closely.

I'm going to tell you a story. One that happened a long, long time ago.
This story begins with a King's miraculous discovery of a [door] to another world. And the king opened that door. As the door opened, people began running for their lives because what came out of the door was something evil and inhuman.

Demons.

That's right,
The world beyond that door was the demon realm, where the malfeasant creatures roamed.
From the door, countless demons crawled through and the human's peaceful world was thrown into chaos. Numerous humans were slaughtered and since that day, the world has been dyed the crimson colour of blood.
Then, a certain king of the humans pleaded to God.
"O dear God, please bestow upon us the strength to drive away these malicious beings."
As those pitiful pleas made its way to the skies, a brilliant light shone through the heavens and the demons disintegrated into ash.
Afterwards, several marks appeared on certain human beings that granted them remarkable abilities. As if it were God's gift to them.

With their newfound abilities these selected humans were able to defend the human race against the remaining demons. People worshipped them and called them "Magicians".
And so, peace was restored to the world once again.

But hey, did you ever wonder, whether it really was God who granted the king's wish?
The one who granted the king's wish, wasn't actually God, but
[The King of the Demons].

In an isolated room and bound in shackles, surrounded by numerous human skeletons, a door opened and it seemed that I saw light for the first time in forever.
That was merely the start of my memory.