The Dinner Party

I rummaged through my closet looking for a great outfit. I wanted to impress Spencer at the dinner party tonight. Not that he'll ever like you I thought. Whatever. "Got you." I say as I grab my best dress from under a pile of dirty clothes, shows how much I take care of my stuff. It was a floral lace white dress that was a whopping $90 from American Apparel. I threw on my dress and applyed a tiny bit of concealer and mascara to my suprisingly acne free face. I check myself out in the mirror; dark brown curly hair that lays just below my ribs, brown eyes, tan...I'm pretty bland looking, I know. "Hurry up Lia we're gonna be late!" my Mom shouts to me as she rushes past my room as she struggles to slip on her jacket and her clangly collection of bangles at the same time. My Mom has this thing with being like, right on time. It's ridiculous, she literally arrives to places early and waits in the car until its the exact minute she's suposed to be there, then she goes and knocks on the door. I swear she is the most punctual  person I know. I think it stems from her buisness career, she's more invested in her job than her own daughter. 

"Lia, NOW!" Mom yells to me, I can hear her downstairs putting on her shoes. I grab my phone, lipbalm, my earphones, and a cardigan and shove them into my handbag. "Coming!" I shout as I barrel down the stairs. "We can't be late, Lia." Mom says in a disapproving tone. I roll my eyes as we walk out the door.

~

We arrive (ten minutes early) but it was worth it. When we finally went and knocked on the door, Spencer answered. How could anyone be so perfect? Okay, maybe I should explain. Spencer is my Mom's bestfriend's son. I've known him for like, ever, but we were never really friends. I always had sort of a crush on him, but three or four years ago he passed the awkward pubescent phase and now he's, well, pretty easy on the eyes. Not only that but he has grown so much as a person too, and it's just the full package. He's also 17 and only like, a half a year older than me. 

I was too busy staring at him to realize he was leaning in to hug me until I felt his arms around me. I quickly hug him back. He pulls away, looking into my eyes. Suddenly, he leans down and sweeps me into his arms, holding me bridal style. He kisses me with such passion, his tongue grazing my lips, begging for entrance.

Just kidding. 

He greets us and ushers us into the house. We follow him into the kitchen where we are greeted by Amanda, my Mom's bestfriend. "You girls look lovely," she exclaims "please, sit down. Would you like anything to drink?" "I'll have a glass of your strongest wine!" Mom says, laughing. "Michelle, you always were a party girl." Amanda says, and just like that they are engrossed in a conversation about their party days. I walk into the living room, I do not want to here any of that. I sit down on the couch to watch whatever Spencer had on last. It turned out to be a boring show about cars, so I went on my phone until dinner.

~

I was quiet through most of dinner, sometimes Amanda would ask me about school so I would answer politely, but the truth was I was busy daydreaming about Spencer, and inching my legs closer to his under the table. I'm a weirdo, don't judge.

After dinner, an old friend of Amanda came over. He introduced himself as Craig. As Spencer and I helped Amanda clean up, my Mom went outside with Craig while he smoked a cigerette. We could here laughter and flirtatiousness between the two, needless to say, it was awkward to listen to. After a while they came back in, reeking of smoke. I was busy on my phone, but I looked up when Mom  pulled Amanda to the side. I heard whispering and giggling between the two,and they kept looking over at Craig. It was like they were 14 year old girls gossiping about a hot guy at school. Finally Amanda and Mom came up to me. "How would you like to spend the night at Amanda's house sweety?" Mom asks. What the hell? "Um...ok, sure." I say, unsure. Was this about Craig and her? "Perfect," Amanda said "you can stay in the spare room." I nod my head, still unsure about the whole situation. I glance over at Spencer who had been watching our whole exchange curiosly. Then I think, why the hell do I care why I'm staying? I get to stay the night in a house with Spencer! 

"Well, we better get going." Mom says. Wait, 'we'? She comes up and gives Amanda and I a brief  hug before walking over to Craig. "Thanks Amanda it's been great!" Mom says "I'll see you tomorrow, how does 3 sound?" "That sounds perfect Michelle, we'll see you then." Amanda walks them to the door. 

Alright, well I'm just going to assume Craig and Mom are going to have some fun tonight, and, as disgusting as that is, Mom hasn't had anyone to have fun with since her and Dad split up when I was 12. I look over at Spencer who has a sympathetic look on his face. He's so cute. 

Later that night, as I'm brushing my teeth with a spare toothbrush, I reaize that I don't have any pajamas. Crap, I don't know if Amanda has already gone to bed. I wash up and start walking down the hall to her bedroom. "Lia," Spencer says, I peek my head into his bedroom "need this?" He tosses me one of his t-shirts. Oh. My. God. "Thanks." I say back with a smile, he smirks. I quickly walk back to my room as the blush rises to my cheeks. He's so god damn hot. I slip on the shirt, it comes down to my mid-thigh. I'm pretty petite, which is good when you want to borrow a hot boys shirt and wear it like a dress. I lay down and turn off the light, breathing in Spencer scent, as I drift to sleep.

~

A.N 

Thank you guys so much for reading. I really hope you enjoy this story. This is the first story I have written and I would love your feedback. So if you have any questions or suggestions, you can leave them in the comments and I will read and respond. If you guys show that you like this story by leaving a comment or by voting I will definetly write more!

Thanks again, 

Hazel x :)