ONE

Harper

I need to get my act together. I need to focus on what's important in my life and what I need to do to succeed.

When I was young, my mother had told me to live my childhood to the fullest and not worry about anything, but when she had decided to abandon her husband and 3 children - I began to worry about everything.

My mother was a beautiful women, her fair brown hair that would flow through the wind, her deep caring eyes and her soothing voice that would stop any horrid argument. She was the women I had looked up to the most, obviously, she was my best friend and I adored her.

On the 17th June 2014, just five days before my sixteenth, I had come home from school and seen that there were  three cars parked outside my house. I walked inside to see my parents in a deep argument, there seemed to be glass shattered on the floor, my parents bedroom door no longer on it's hinges. There was a boy, a few years older than me, sat on my stairs with his head in his hands.

I made my way in between my parents, "What's happened?" I looked between them both and no one would answer me. "Dad? What has happened?" Again, no answer. "Will someone just please answer me!" I had exclaimed, fed up of having people ignore me or not tell me things.

"Your mother has been cheating, Harper!" My father spat.

I looked at my mother, she had hung her head in shame, a tear ran down her cheek. The women I looked up to the most had cheated on my father; the women I loved most had made me hate her for hurting my father; the women that once told me to live my childhood and not worry about anything, had made me worry.

I shook my head at my mother and looked back into the hall to see the man  still sat there on my stairs. He still held his head in his hands, I slowly walked to him, he looked me dead in the eyes and tried sending me an apologetic smile. I shook my head, disgusted that he had ruined a family. I slapped him across the face, a stinging coursing through my hand.

"Harper!" My mother gasped, running towards us and pushing me out of the way, I looked at my father to see him shaking his head with disappointment, not at me but my mother - his wife.

"Lucy, I want you out of this house by the time I get back from visiting our sons, to tell them of your disgusting crime. If you're still here by the time I'm back, I'll assume you want to make up for what you have done, I hope you realise how much this hurts me and how much I love you," My father had said. "Harper, are you staying here or coming with me?"

I looked at my mother and saw that she was staring at me with her deep brown eyes, they no longer held the care in them, it was desperation and selfishness. "I'm coming with you dad, this women isn't who bought me up" I spat. Tears welling up in my eyes.

"Harper, please.." she begged.

"No mum! I will not have you treat dad like a piece of dirt, he worships the ground you walk on! How could you do this to him, to me?" I snarled and walked out of the house.

Let's just say that I haven't seen my mother in three years and I'm now nineteen years old.

My father has a new girlfriend, he's too frightened to get married again because of what had happened with my mother.

My mothers actions have affected me aswell, the trust I had for relationships were non-existent...

--

[i am so sorry I've been away for so long, it's been hard to get back into writing, I'll try my best to make it up to you all. I wrote this chapter a long time ago - I would love your feedback, good or bad I don't care]

695 words