Blueberry Pretzels

Chapter 1 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, my name is Luke. Wait, no. My name is not just Luke, it is Luke Tier. Anyways, hi! This is my story and I bet you want me to get to the point so, here... It all started two years ago when I was 12 and stupid. My math teacher, Mrs. Shikayla, decided on the first day of school that I was a trouble-maker and that she wasn't going to put up with it. I didn't do anything wrong but she judges on looks so I guess I had it coming. Apparently, people think that if you have red hair, an untucked shirt and jeans with a few holes then you are going to cause trouble.

One morning I walked into class a little late and found Mrs. Shikayla was handing out a pop quiz, and man did I hate those. "Mr. Tier, is there a reason why your late?" I ignored her like usual and went to my seat. She was extra cranky today because the next thing she said was, "Mr. Tier, Please do not ignore your teacher!"

"Sorry that I'm late Mrs.Shikayla. I was held after class by Mr. Gist," I lied. Mr. Gist was my history teacher. My schedule goes:

1.) Mr. Gist - History

2.) Mrs. Shikayla - Math

3.) Mrs. Allue - Science

4.) Me - Lunch

5.) Mr. Lout - English

6.) Mr. Zluesch & Mrs. Clouse - P.E.

The quiz was hard, especially number 10;

(10) If the class average is 92.5% and your average is 46%, calculate the percentage that your average makes up with a total of 27 other students in the class.

I felt like she was trying to make me fail. We turned in our quiz and got them graded and returned five minutes later. Apparently 5 / 10 correct is not 50% when there are bonus points.

After math I rushed to science, my favorite class because Mrs. Allue teaches it. Everyone awes over her. She has beautiful wavy blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes and red lip gloss that suited her perfectly. "Good morning class!" Mrs. Allue greeted us.

"Good morning Mrs. Allue!" The class always responded. Every class was better than the last but this time I was surprised when she told everyone that she wasn't going to be teaching at our school anymore. Suddenly a buzz occurred in the room, everyone started discussing about her announcement. " I know, I know, you are probably wondering why and I'm sorry to say that there is a new teacher that has had this job reserved since my four year teaching cycle started. So, for today, we are going to have a blast and learn about something you have all seen before... FAME! You think it's not science but there is more to fame than you think." Mrs. Allue explained. This is where it all had REALLY started. On our last day with Mrs. Allue, she assigned us a project since it was a Friday and we could work on it over the weekend. She already talked with the new science teacher about her taking them home and sending the grade to the new teacher to use for the semester grades. I was very upset for the rest of the day besides lunch and P.E.

Lunch came and I met up with my two best friends Sydney and Noah. We went to our table - the second to the last. Sydney was in all advanced classes but didn't enjoy it all the time. Noah was about to have science and so I told him the news. He didn't take it very well and ended up with a tray full of food when the lunch bell rang. I knew that if I stayed any longer I would be late to Mr. Lout's class, and he loves to assign detention, so I got up immediately and headed off.

English flew by and I took my time when P.E. came because the coaches didn't care. I hated having to change for the last part of the day but it was worth it if it meant getting to see all of my friends. When I walked in, I was confused when I saw Jake talking to Chris. This was weird because Jake hated Chris since last year's accident. Another thing I found odd was that Ciara was staring awkwardly at coach Clouse. Finally, she walked up and started whispering things to our coach. I didn't know why at the time but I felt awkward standing there alone. I guessed people were probably just talking about Mrs. Allue and the project. "Ok class, take a seat in the center circle after you run four laps." Coach Clouse said. Running laps didn't bother me because I always raced Peyton, Josh, and Bri. Surprisingly Bri always beat us and thought it was funny. The four laps were over, Josh won, and I sat on the outside of the circle so no one would notice my sweat. "So who are you doing for the 'follow the fame' project?" I heard Jake ask Ciara.

"Oh, um, I haven't really thought about it but I'll probably do some research on Harry Styles or Ciara Bravo. What about you?" Ciara whispered back.

"I'm definitely doing Danica Patrick!" His voice lowered as the coach gave him a disapproving look.

"OK, today we are playing a game called color run. Everyone stands on the baseline and when I call out a color, everyone with that shirt color runs to the other side, trying not to get tagged on the way. If you are tagged, you become a tagger. Does anyone want to be a tagger?" Mrs. Clouse said. Millions of hands shot into the air. The coach pointed at Sydney, Jay, Ross, and May, the fastest people in our grade. Great.