Chapter 4: Sidelined

-Ryland's POV-

"Alright here's our suite!"I announced, swiping the room key. We wheeled our suitcases in. My jaw dropped as I flipped on the lights.

"What the hell is this?"I cried out at the awful sight.

The delicate scent of roses lingered in the air, an exotic carpet at my feet leading into the other rooms. A crystal chandelier hung in the middle of the living room. I turned to Dad.

"Dad! This isn't the suite I told you to book,"I complained.

The guys and Rydel looked absolutely giddy at the lavish decorations. They rushed past us to go explore the suite. Dad put an arm around me, leading me through the kitchen into one of the bedrooms.

"Oh come on Ryland! We have the oppurtunity to get the better, bigger suite so why not? This is the one we decided on."he told me soothingly.

I can't believe this.I stopped in my tracks. Anger and confusion boiled in my blood.

"That who agreed on Dad? Them?"I questioned, jabbing a finger through the open door at the wide-eyed teens.

He smiled and nodded, replying,"Exactly!"

I laughed sarcastically, continuing to smile as I responded,"That's fantastic Dad. Absolutely fantastic. Just remind me one thing. Who's the manager out of all of us?"

My smile faded and he flinched at my words. Rocky came up behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I think it's time for you to take a nice, cold shower and cool off,"he said, steering me away from Dad.

Why is it that no one can seem to take me seriously in this family?