Chapter 1

"Fiona Jewel! Come out of your room right now!" My mom calls from down the hall.
"I'm coming, hold on!" I reply, closing my laptop after just signing up for Instagram. My friend Lana had been pressuring me to get it for a while, but my mom said no. I mean, there's no way she could find out though, right?
I walk downstairs to find my mom sitting on the couch, her face stricken with worry and disappointment. I pause for a moment, awaiting a scolding.
"Y-yeah mom? You wanted to talk to me?" I ask cautiously.
"Yes. I have something serious to ask you Fiona. I want you to please answer honestly." She takes a deep breath.
"Fiona, are you gay?"
I'm immediately taken aback. Wait, why would she think that? I'm not gay, right? I mean, I think I might like Lana, but that's normal to love your best friend, and all people do, right? Everyone feels this way. I'm not... different. Am I?
My mother is looking at me expectantly.
"Um, n-no of course I'm not gay. Why would you ask?" I try to answer as calmly as possible.
"I saw your Facebook. You posted 'Dodie Clark please marry me lol' yesterday on your wall."
SHIT! I forgot I was friends with my mom on Facebook!
"Haha, yeah, you know, all girls my age post stuff like that. It's something teenagers do. When you like someone's music, you joke about them marrying you, you know." I laugh lightly and half-smile nervously.
She looks at me accusingly, then sighs.
"Good, because being gay is an abomination. You know that, right?"
"Y-yeah mom. Of course." I say hesitantly and walk upstairs to my room.
When I get there I lock my door and bury myself under the blankets on my bed. I think I might be gay! What do I do?! Everyone is going to hate me! My mom will kick me out and I'll get beat up and... and... I'll just die! That'll fix everything! And now I have a reason. I've wanted to die for five years, and now I can finally do it!
I roll onto my back and log into my laptop, opening Instagram. I see that I already have 6 followers and a Message. Wow! I decide to check my message.
Imgaydealwithit: Hi! You look really interesting and we both love D+P and Dodie, so I decided to send you a message. I'm Estella.

AmazingFiona: Hello! Nice to meet you. I'm Fiona.^^

Oh, she's typing! That's awesome, I've already made a friend!

I'mgaydealwithit: Nice to meet you Fiona. Nice username by the way. :D

AmazingFiona: Thank you! How old are you?

Imgaydealwithit: I'm 17, how about you? ^.^

AmazingFiona: I'm also 17! Where are you from?

Imgaydealwithit: California. You? :)

AmazingFiona: I'm from Oregon, so we're not that far from each other! Where in CA? :P

Imgaydealwithit: Redding, where are you in Oregon?

AmazingFiona: I'm in Jacksonville. We're not too far XD

Imgaydealwithit: Can I see what you look like? :P

AmazingFiona: Okay :)

Imgaydealwithit: OMG you're so pretty! I'm a potato lol

Imgaydealwithit: OMG you're so pretty! I'm a potato lol. This what I look like though.

AmazingFiona: No you're beautiful:)

Imgaydealwithit: Thank you so much! :P If you don't mind what is your sexuality and gender? I'd hate to misgender you. :)

AmazingFiona: The thing is... I don't know. I've always felt different. I've never had a crush on a boy or a girl, and I've never been girly at all. I think I might have my first crush on my friend Lana though, I might be gay... but my mom would hate me.

Imgaydealwithit: Well I'm a female, and I'm Pansexual but I lean more towards girls so sometimes I consider myself gay. And listen Fiona, gay is okay! Be proud of who you are. And you don't have to label your self to feel valid. You are who you are.

AmazingFiona: Thank you so much Estella! You're so nice, well I gtg to bed because my mom yells at me if I'm on my laptop after 10:30. I'll talk to you tomorrow morning.:)

Imgaydealwithit: GN! <3

Wow, she sent a heart. But people just do that, right? Yeah that's normal. And she's so pretty... no! You don't like her. Stop. I should probably get some sleep.
I turn off my lap and drift off to sleep, thinking of Lana and Estella, and trying to figure out my sexuality.

Yay! First chapter done! Hopefully I don't fail with this book. Please comment some ideas for the next chapter, thanks for reading. (Oh, and Lainybot is Fiona's faceclaim).