Pyper P.O.V

"How was your day?" My father, Jim, asks me and my sister, Kynzee, 14, while we slowly eat our chinese take out.

"Jenna and I saw the Statue of Liberty today." Kynzee says, not looking up from her box of orange chicken.

"That's nice. Learn anything?" Dad asks her.

"Nope." She says coldly.

"How about you Pyper? How was your day?" He asks genuinely.

I don't look up from my box, afraid that if I look up, I'll see mom's chair at the dinner table next to mine and start to cry.

It's been exactly 6 days since the day she died. The day she left us. The day our lives changed forever.

"Please, talk to me Pyper." Dad says across the table. I can't stand to look him in the eye. He caused this. He killed mom.

I slam my fork down and march up to my room, eyes glued to the floor. I haven't said a word in 6 days.

I hear a faint,'I'll talk to her later' from my sister before I shut my door and throw myself on my bed.

Why does this happen to me?!?

I think to myself as I slowly drift into a deep sleep.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
"Is this the home of Mrs. Raynee Greene?" A police officer says to my father.

"Yes, what's going on?" He asks comcerningly, frantically looking around.

"I'm afraid your wife has been involved in a severe car pile-up, she is being taken into NYC trauma care as we speak."

The next few minutes were a blur, I remember Kynzee and I being pushed into the car, blazing down the highway, and rushing into the hospital.

The following minutes are ones I will never forget. My mother, on a cart, being rushed down the hallway past us. Her face destroyed with glass shards pointing out at every angle, blood covering her head to toe.

"MOM. MOOMMMY!!! MOMMMMYY NOOOO!!"
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
"Pyper, pyper get up."

I  rub and shield my eyes from the sun.

"First day of your senior year, don't wanna be late!" Kynzee says while picking out my outfit which consisted of a black halter too, high waisted shorts, and black converse. "Put this on and curl your hair idiot."

I shove her out of my master size room. I go to my closet and pick out an actual outfit, high waisted skinny jeans, oversized grey tee, and some booties. I put it on, tucked in my shirt, and waved my hair with,natueal,makeup.

"Ew gross." Kynzee says as I walk out my room. "Classic Pyper."

I walk down the stairs of our mansion and grab a banana smoothie fron our chef before leaving.

The walk to school was boring, I am used to mom driving us, and singing to Katy Perry everyday. Oh how I miss her.

When I finally reach my school, I am 5 minutes late.

That's great.

I think to myself. What an impression.

But I wasn't the only one late, a tall, brown haired, blue eyes new senior was late as well.

"Class?" The secretary asks us whike filling our tardy slips out.

"French." We say at the same time. We both jerk our heads at each other.
His eyes grow in size and he becomes red in the face, as do I.

This is going to be a long year.