Chapter 21

"Rose, are you home?" I yelled.

"Ya I'm in the kitchen," she answered. I found her reading a magazine.

I came in and she let out a squeal. "What?" I said surprised.

"He got you roses?" she said excitedly.

"Ya," I said smiling.

"They're gorgeous!"

"I know!" I said. "So what did you do?"

"Well, he took me to dinner at a nice place where you can actually slow dance in the middle of the room it was so nice. We danced a little," she said blushing. "And then when it was time for dessert he ordered chocolate cake and on top of my slice there was a little ring."

"What?!?" I shouted.

"He didn't ask me to marry him! Calm down! It's a promise ring. He told me that he knew it sounded a little childish but he told me that he wants to marry me someday and this is his physical promise to me."

She finished and I went over and gave her a hug. "I am so happy for you!" I said.

"Thanks," she said. After that we chatted about my night. As I was telling my story Rose started getting teary eyed.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"That is the cutest freaking story ever!" she said. "Em, he's totally in love with you!"

"You can't be serious," I said.

"I'm dead serious. A guy doesn't just write you a song like that telling you that he's in love with you and not be in love with you."

"What? You lost me."

"I'm saying, he wrote that and it shows he really cares about you."

"You think?"

"I know! Don't take that for granted."

"I would never! I care about Liam a lot."

"Good."

"Rose?" I said.

"Yes?"

"The night of his boxing tournament, when we became official I was sitting next to his parents and they told me something."

"What?"

"They told me that his last girlfriend had apparently treated him like crap and it was really hard on him."

"They said it like that?" she asked giggling.

"No! But you know what I mean, that's what they implied and they said that he really deserves a good girl and I totally agree."

"Wait, you've never asked him about it?"

"I never knew how."

"Just bring it up like you told him about your old love life so ask him about his."

"Ok, I guess I can do that."

"Right, now I'm going to bed," she said yawning. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

*

*

In the morning I looked over to my phone to see I had a text from Hanna.

Hanna: next month there's a club opening and it's really exclusive but it looks really cool...are you all up for it, I need to make reservations ASAP

Me: ya sure sounds fun

Rose: I'm in

Scarlett: same

Hanna: perfect, I'll be on spring break so it'll be awesome