Chapter 2- Surprising

Song: Mxmtoon- Blame Game

A/N- Massive thank you for adding this story to your reading list!!! I reallllllyyyyy appreciate you guys :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) 

~Zachariah Odin 3rd POV~

Alpha Zachariah's heart ached as she hurriedly left his room. His soulmate... All he could do was feel the lingering sweet scent of her she left behind. Zachariah quickly changed his clothes feeling the hot temperature in his ears because of the compromising situation he was in. His soulmate's first impression would be him being half-naked, the blush rose to cheeks down his neck. He never felt this type of emotion. Embarrassment. He couldn't stop thinking about her and he wanted to stop. 

Will his soulmate accept him if she knew? If she know about his past, his scars and complicated personality? 

Alpha Zachariah kept walking back and forth in this room, instead of his heart calming down it was speeding up more and he thought if she was also experiencing the same feelings he was.  

"Son," His father knocked before entering his room. "How are you feeling?" Zachariah noticed the guilt rising back in his father's eyes. "Are ready for your speech?" he nodded. 

He handed the paper to his father. 

His father, Alpha Zander passed his title to his son when he was 21, which was planned before he was even born. But after the tragic events, he didn't know if it was the right decision due to the unforeseen circumstances. 

The Alpha title was important. Being Alpha is much more than doing paperwork, you have to maintain the peace in the Pack, always keeping your emotions in check. If he chose the wrong person then the pack will not survive. Zachariah was Alpha by blood, Zander knew his son but at the same time he felt like he didn't know enough. He helped his son with the Alpha duty, teaching him everything he knew and making sure that his training was completed in the past 12 years, yet sometimes he can't help but worry about him and his decision. 

"Zachariah, if the burden of Alpha is too much-" Zachariah raised his eyebrows. He knew what his dad meant but the wording was wrong. Zander was undermining him. "I'm sorry," Zachariah sighed swiftly brushing his hair back. Zander felt his nervous state. 

"Don't worry, the Pack will understand your terms, Zach. You're going to do well, you have me, your mother and brother. This is our Pack, our family," He hugged his son tightly afraid that his previous words hurt him. 

Zachariah stood, hands limp by his side. He knew that his father cared about him, but he didn't want this affection, no one would understand why and he didn't want explain. "After the party, rest well." He tightly smiled at him, not sensing any sort of emotions, then left. 

He almost forgot about what had happened before his father appeared in his room. He tried to forget about her again but failed. His wolf was surfacing but he clenched his fists to control him. 

He will not become the beast he loathed the most, himself. 

~Irene Blair~

Waking up with a splitting headache wasn't ideal for the work ahead of the day. 

Yesterday's reality put my mood in a gutter. I felt like a stuck drain. Werewolves rarely get ill but not me, it seems as if I get ill all the time! Although Luna Liah said I didn't have to go to work, I still had to because I don't want to look weak even if I am, plus, my fever will go down eventually. I couldn't even sleep properly last night thinking of him and I'm sure that he couldn't either... Maybe.