Chapter 2

I walked out of the room and back downstairs, but then it hit me. My phone! So I walked back up stairs again to grab it. I'm such an idiot. I walked back into the room, grabbing my phone off of a side table.

Something was off. Everything around me seemed fine, but it was as if someone was watching me again. It was so annoying, and just as I was about to check around the house again, I felt a presence behind me. I felt a hand reach out towards my shoulder, and when it touched me, everything hit me like a rock. It was the creature that was in my room, the one that had caused me to forget everything in those few minutes. I couldn't move a muscle, I was to terrified to do so. It's hand slowly moved closer and closer to the center of my neck, and the other hand was on the top of my head. What is this creature? Why is it here? I couldn't understand, evy haven't I noticed it before? Because whenever we meet, I take away your memories mortal. And one day, when I get tired of you, I will kill you along with all of the others. And then I screamed.

It's voice was scratchy and it had an eerie effect to it, but that wasn't all. It didn't even speak. It was like it was inside my head, as if it had read my mind, answering my questions. Then I realized something. All of those times I had walked into a room and then forgot why I was there were the times that I had come across this creature. By this point, I was hyperventilating. Then I felt nothing. Why was my heart beating fast, was I scared? What would I be scared of? I didn't know, but I still felt as if someone was watching me.