TWO ━ ❝and the rumors begin❞

( chapter ii

( chapter ii. AND THE
RUMORS BEGIN )

― 🌙 ―

There had to be nothing else worse in the world than this. Than waking up in your bed, not even under the covers, naked and fresh bandages covering your body as you lifted your head as you tried to piece together what had happened the night before. Sadly, that had become a reality for Calypso. Well, she should correct herself; a reality during summer.

Thankfully, her mum knew exactly what to do now after the full moon phasing had passed and she was an unconscious and exhausted human again. Remelda always took her inside, usually dressed her too, and assessed all her wounds and cleaned up the fresh blood and placed her on her bed again. Calypso would always be thankful for someone like her mum in her life. But this was not a reality during the school year.

After the full moon during the school year, Calypso would wake up naked with barely any light on the floor of a wooden shack built for her father long ago, now occupied by her. During her first year, Madame Pomphrey brought her a first-aid kit that she had tucked away in a corner that her werewolf would never reach. That was also where she kept her robes. And, when she awoke, despite the soreness of her limbs and the bags under her eyes, she cleaned all her new marks which would become scars and put on the clothes and immediately went to Madam Pomphrey in the hospital wing.

Now, unlike her dad, she didn't spend the following few days there to recover. No, with the world the way it was and the legacy of her name, she couldn't afford any suspicion. So, Calypso would suck it up and immediately collapse the moment she could. Of course, if she did happen to miss a class, she was never counted late seeing as all of the professors knew of her 'condition', for a lack of better words, and excused this.

The only one who ever tried to question it was Snape. Thankfully, she hadn't had him first block since her second year at Hogwarts. And of course, Professor Dumbledore made sure to correct her attendance from 'absent' to 'excused absence'.

But this had to be the worst one yet. Not because it had been a particularly hard night or the wounds were becoming worse, but because it was Calypso's first day back to Hogwarts. Unlike regular school days where she could simply play her exhaustion on schoolwork or something else, she knew the level of excitement would be high and Calypso wouldn't be able to handle it. The full moon wore her out too much for that. Which was sad since she hadn't seen her group of friends in such a long while and missed them terribly and would normally love asking them about their breaks and conversing about that and everything else.

Groaning quite loudly, Calypso fully opened her eyes to assess the bandages on her skin. She could see one of her forearm, another on her shoulder, and three on her legs. Compared to other times, this was practically nothing. She got off easy, really. Still, all her limbs were sore and she felt as though she could barely move. Hissing, she lifted herself from the bed and went to her closet even though everything inside was screaming for her to stop.