Sherlock and the Twins

3rd Person View:

Everything was as it should be, tea was set at the table, and there was the unmistakeable sound of a beautiful melody coming from the main room. The shades on the windows were drawn and it was very late. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Now who could that be? Most certainly a client.

"Sherlock! You have a pair of clients waiting." Mrs.Hudson shouted in a raspy voice. "I'm busy!" Sherlock yelled back. John rolled his eyes and without another word he opened the door; only to find two teens standing in the doorway. They looked extremely similar in facial structure and seemed to be about 13 or 14. "Is this a joke?" asked John. The girl spoke first, "My dear brother and I have come to see the detective, not his flatmate." Sherlock turned away from his music stand and set his violin down quickly.

The young girl stepped past John, and practically skipped into center of the room with her brother in close proximity. Silence bore it's ugly head as it laid in the room until finally,  it was broken by none other than Sherlock himself. "Well? Please entertain me or you can excuse yourselves back out the door." Sherlock persuaded."Aren't you going to deduce us first?" The young girl said innocently. Sherlock wondered how she knew of his so called talent, or to others, curse."Let me enjoy this as long as possible, I usually don't acquire young children in my flat as you can tell by my flatmate John's rude reaction." Sherlock said enthusiastically as John fumed in the corner. The girl paused for a few moments. "Please, where are my manners, take a seat." Sherlock said, showing his obvious annoyance. The teen huffed at his remark and began. "Well it all started when our parents went out for dinner. But they never came back and we can't seem find them. We need your help Sherlock Holmes. We believe they were murdered."

Sherlock was just about to shout his usual response, "boring" until he heard her utter the word murder. He went straight into mind palace and searched his thoughts for a reply. Recieving none, he stayed silent.

"Sir?" The girl said. "Why doesn't the boy speak." Sherlock said. "Because he is studying his surroundings. Not much different from you." She replied. "Well then show me your 'skill'  boy." His words came out like knives. "He doesn't speak to strangers." Exclaimed the oddly upset looking girl. "Well then, we will just have to learn more about each other then." He said mischeviously. "You can't deduce him? Aren't kids supposed to be like open books?" She asked.

 Sherlock pulled a smug look on his face. He began to the study both of them but couldn't gather any information whatsoever. Could this be his first pair of clients he couldn't read? Well he couldn't read Irene either, but that doesn't matter. Children are supposed to be open books right? These children were quite peculiar and Sherlock would solve them if it's the last thing he does.