Chapter 15: Aftermath

Author's note: we've reached the end of the story! I started a sequel years ago but I haven't gotten around to writing more for it, between graduate school, work, and moving to a new city. I'm hoping to get back into it, I really miss this story. For now, here is the conclusion for this section of the tale, I hope you enjoy!

Bran could barely believe his eyes as they looked around the control room. Jukai drifted for a moment before he touched down, quickly grabbing Bran's hand with both of his and half-hiding behind him. The room was completely bleached white from the intense power it had housed for the better part of nine hours. The military personnel of Earth still strode quickly from place to place but in this one room, people walked more slowly, peeked out at the corners of the sparkling room, and hushed their conversations as they passed. The Moon Queen sat on one of the desks, her hands loosely clasped in her lap as she observed them approach.

Behind her, Gaea and her husband Sol had gathered the least broken chairs and sat drinking tea, attended by guards in golden armor. They too looked up as Saturn led their little band of youma towards the center of the room. The Senshi of Silence hissed softly and hurried forward, falling to her knees onto a bed of crystals. They crackled and splintered under her legs, probably cutting her skin, but she didn't care. She carefully laid her scythe on the ground and reached out with both hands to brush the hair from Chibi Usa's face.

Bran was relieved to see her chest slowly rising and falling, her eyelashes fluttering from whatever dream she had. She didn't look a thing like the way she had been when he'd seen her last. A crescent moon adorned her forehead, making her look surprisingly regal in her sleep. Her long pink hair lay in loose rays around her head like a blanket of cotton candy, her silver and gold gown accentuating her tiny waist and her long legs. Her arms were curled around her chest as if she were hugging herself, like a small child after a long day. A brightly shining golden crystal pulsed above her head and expelled a gentle energy blast to knock Saturn nearly ten feet back.

"It doesn't let anyone near her," Sol said, surprising them. He knelt by Chibi Usa and an unreadable expression masked his face. "Even I can't get too close. It's better than it was a few hours ago."

"As long as she's alright," Saturn said, carefully rising to her feet and retrieving her scythe from beside Chibi Usa. The crystal pulsed again in warning but Saturn had already backed off. Bran could practically feel the burning from that crystal and so made certain to stay directly behind Saturn in case she needed to throw up some kind of shield to protect them.

"Are the other Senshi alright?" Bran thought to ask, looking around for the one that hated his guts. What had her name been again?

"Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are in the other room conferring with Sailor Mercury," the Moon Queen said, lowering her eyes slightly. "We have been banned from the meeting."

"Aren't you in charge or something? Go knock down the door," Bran said, eyeing her. Hell, kick the door down. She looked big enough to get through anything.

"She's already made enough of a mess," Gaea said darkly. She'd changed into a splendid red gown with delicate white lace and short white gloves. She sidled past Sol and went directly to Bran, taking his hand in hers before he could think to step back. "I didn't get a chance to thank you before, for helping her when she made her way here. And me too. Thank you."

"Er," Bran said, his eyes going wide. He would have shaken her off if her grip wasn't like iron around his fingers. "It was nothing."

"It was everything," Gaea said firmly. "You have no idea how much she means to me."