🌹 iv | but now

the walk home was a bit awkward

after wooseok stopped wheezing in laughter and hyunggu eventually got out of his tsundere mode, both walked home slowly. sometimes hyunggu would cough a petal but it wasn't noticeable. it was the middle of a cold spring, and the trees with flowers just blew in the wind casually.

"so~" wooseok drew out a sigh, his walk similar to that of the delinquent girls at the school, "he totally knows?"

"he totally knows." hyunggu looked down.

"well maybe he'll think he was hallucinating." wooseok shrugged but hyunggu shook his head. "no, no, he's too smart for that."

wooseok thought, "are you sure about that" but decided not to say it just in case he might upset hyunggu. instead he muttered, "maybe he just doesn't care. he looks like that type of person."

hyunggu paused, not thinking about that. "you're probably right. i should stop thinking about that. can you look up that hanahaki disease?"

wooseok did as he said (not like he had a choice, he wanted to help him and he was younger than him) and pulled up a page about it.

"seems it started in japan, and it gets worse as time goes on." wooseok read off his phone and nodded as he did so. hyunggu elbowed him with a, "what can i do to make it go away?!"

"it says your love needs to be returned by your crush, or get a surgery to have the flowers removed. or you die." he turned off his phone, looking over at hyunggu.

hyunggu was behind him, looking down. wooseok turned around, unsure if there was something wrong with him.

but the older didn't move, resting his hand on his backpack strap. "my parents aren't home, my little sister can't pay for a hospital bill and hyojong doesn't like me. i'm done for."

unlike how he did 20 minutes ago, wooseok felt some type of empathy for him. and he hugged him, and hyunggu hugged him back.

a/n ; WHERE DID THE VOTES AND READS COME FROM
IM CONFUSED YET THANKFUL