One Night || A Luke Hemmings Fan-Fiction

I smoothed down my dress with my shaky hands as we approached the hotel.  

They had a few metres of barriers set up in front of the entrance, and already several hundred teenage girls were stood behind them, shivering in the cold of the late evening. Hard-faced security guards were lined up along the barriers, with two either side of the door as well for extra precaution. 

 I looked over at my best friend, Georgia, and pulled a nervous face. 

"How are we going to get past them, G?" I asked, playing with the hem of my dress, which was a dark navy, skintight and barely covered my thighs. 

"Just look confident and say we're meeting friends at the bar," Georgia answered. She'd done this loads of times before for different bands; she'd even hooked up with Harry Styles from One Direction. For this reason I trusted her to help me meet Calum Hood from 5 Seconds of Summer, who I'd had my eyes on for several months now. I was determined. 

"Alright, just look confident," I whispered to myself, trying to steady my sweaty hands. I wasn't nervous to meet the boys - I knew I could win them over, easy - but it was my first time as a groupie and I was terrified to be caught as someone who wasn't meant to be in the hotel.  

The girls around us were watching us and whispering to each other. Was it that obvious that we were groupies? Someone shouted 'sluts!' and my head shot round to find her, eyes darting. What the hell? She looked about 12 years old! 

Georgia took my hand and whispered, "deep breaths, Charlotte, deep breaths." I did as she instructed and before I knew it we were outside the entrance to the hotel, in front of the security guards. They both moved in unison to stand in front of us and block the huge glass doors. 

"Where are you going, girls?" 

I went to speak but Georgia quickly spoke over me. "We're meeting our friends at the bar," she said smoothly. "We weren't expecting this! All these girls here for us?" she laughed. The security guards laughed back. Oh god, she was flirting with two 40 year old men! But it worked, because one moved back to his standing spot as the other held the heavy door open for us. 

"Have a nice night, ladies." 

"Oh, we will," Georgia responded, looking over to me with a cheeky wink. "Thank you very much." 

We were in the lobby. Oh my goodness, we were in the lobby of 5SOS' hotel, and we were about to try and meet them, and fuck them! I felt short of breath for a moment. 

"You ready for this?" Georgia asked with a smirk, leading me by the hand through the lobby towards the bar.  

"Ready as I'll ever be!" 

The bar was empty but for two different groups of people huddled around small tables, laughing and joking and drinking beer and cocktails. We'd left the concert early in order to get to the hotel, which was a good twenty minutes walk away as we couldn't afford to waste money on a taxi, so we assumed the band wouldn't be there yet, and we were right.  

"Have you got your ID?" Georgia whispered as we approached the bar and took our place on the tall bar stools. I nodded and fished it out of my purse, which I then rested on my bare thighs. Yes, I had been freezing without tights, but as slutty as it sounds I wanted Calum to think he had easy access. Which, admittedly, he did. It was warmer in the bar, luckily, and the goosebumps on my skin disappeared. 

"What can I get you, ladies?" the barman asked. Was everyone calling us ladies tonight? 

"Two vodka and cokes, please," Georgia responded, ordering for both of us as usual.