Chapter 10

Harmony's POV:

It took 3 hours for the plane to finally arrive in Los Angelos. I picked up my luggage and headed out.

Everything was so different here. Everybody was more glamorous and pretty. Everything was expensive too.

One thing I didn't like about the place though is the extreme heat. It was so freaking hot. I thought I would've passed out at any giving second. Whew.

I sat on a bench and looked for the cheapest , yet decent apartment I could find. Los Angeles seemed like a good place to live. Maybe having a new start wouldn't be so bad.

After about 30 minutes of scrolling I found the apartment I wanted to stay in. It was a small one bedroom apartment but it worked for me. I  waited for a cab and gave him the directions to the apartment complex.

It was a quick drive. It was like 10 minutes. I checked into the lobby and got my room key. When I entered my apartment I was impressed. It actually looked more decent than in the pictures.

My phone started vibrating in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that it was Ariah calling me.

"I've made it here safe and sound Ariah."

"Oh thank goodness! I thought something went wrong because you didn't call me."

"I'm sorry girl. From the moment I stepped off that plane I was very busy."

"I understand. So how is it up there?"

"I like it. I think it will be a good start for me Ariah."

"Well if you like it then I love it!"

I laughed. "Yeah, well I have to finish unpacking so I'll call you later."

"K. Bye. Love you."

"Love you too."

Okay now to start this long process of unpacking....

Before I could even open my suitcase I got another call. Why couldn't people just let me be?

I saw that it was Zyland. I rolled my eyes. What could he possibly want now?

"Hello?" I answered.

"You kind of hung up on me earlier."

"Bad service."

"You don't think im that dumb to believe that right? Where was your location then?"

"I can't tell you."

"And why not?"

"Zyland I don't have to explain anything too you. Look I have to go I'll talk to you later."

I didn't even let him get a single word out. I turned my phone off and finally started the process of unpacking..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Royce's POV

What the hell was I thinking? I just couldn't control myself. I'd been planning to do that for a while now. Honestly this woman took me on a roller coaster of emotions. I like how she was so strong and let nobody run over her and I also liked how she was the only person who has ever stood up to me. She had some real courage for that 'cause nobody, I mean NO ONE, ever crosses that line with me. Yet, she pisses me off  with that smart mouth of hers, but I could never bring myself to fire her.When she quitted her job my ego was hurt. People don't quit on me. I fire them. Its my job to tell people when they are done working at McCarthy Enterprises. I believe that's why I lashed out the way I did. I'm even starting to think I went too far, but oh well it's good that she is gone cause whenever she is in my presence I just can't think straight.

My office phone buzzed. "McCarthy Enterprises."

"Mr. McCarthy this is Stacey and a gentleman named Robert Giles is here to talk to you about a former employee."

"I don't know him. Tell him to make an appointment next time before ever coming to McCarthy Enterprises."

"Umm Mr.McCarthy I think you would want to talk to him. He says it's something important about Harmony Becks."

"Ms. Becks you say?"

"Yes."

"Send him up."

"Yes sir."

I hung up the phone. Now what could this be about?

Waiting on the man to come I thought about our previous actions. She was one hell of a kisser.

I heard someone knock on the door. "Come in."In came a man who looked like he was in his late 60s, dark skin, and tall. I stood up to greet him.

"Mr. McCarthy." That was my favorite greeting. I mean that's all I had to say. Everyone knows of me.

"Mr.Giles." I didn't like how he did that. I don't know him. I need to know more than just his name.

"And who are you?"

"Mr. Giles."

"I believe I need to know more than your name. When you come to my office you greet me in whole sentences and details."

"Well excuse me for not introducing myself properly. I am the father of Harmony Becks. I heard she works here. I haven't heard from her in a while and I don't have any way to get into contact with her at the moment so I was wondering if you had any information on my daughter? This is urgent. If I can't get in contact with her I'm afraid that she will be in danger.

How can he not know information about his own daughter. If you ask me it sounds suspicious. How do I even know he is her real father?

"Do you have any proof that she is your daughter?"

"Ahh yes. I had a feeling you would ask that question." He pulled out her birth certificate and a picture of both him and her.

"Okay what information do you need to know?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:

Vote and comment!! What do you guys think of this chapter? What do you think will happen next?😈😈

Xoxo, Erica💜💜