Epilogue: A New Life

The castle was beautiful and very old fashioned. Scarlett followed Elizabeth up the stairs taking note of the pictures lined against the wall. She paused in front of the portrait of Rebecca White, her grandmother who created the stone in the first place, who started all of this. Scarlett sighed and hurried to catch up to Elizabeth.

They walked down a narrow hallway where doors were lined up next to each other. There were numbers written in black on the front as if this was a hotel. Scarlett could hear sounds coming from inside and she wondered who lived beyond those doors. Were they prisoners? Descendants from the original royal family? But Scarlett was too afraid to ask Elizabeth questions because she had no idea where she was going. For all she knew, Elizabeth was planning to kill her herself.

A few minutes later, Elizabeth stopped in front of a wooden door, but instead it saying a number there was a single word. Ross. Silently, Elizabeth opened the door to the room and gestured for Scarlett to walk inside so she did.

The room was gorgeous, but mostly fit for a queen. The bed had gold satin covers that covered and drapes were hung in front of it for privacy. On the far side of the room was a single window showing a beautiful view of the waves crashing against the shore. There was nothing else that surrounded the castle; it was as if they were in the center of nowhere. As soon as Scarlett examined that, she looked more around the room and found a large bathroom stretched out before her nice and clean. The vanity in the corner was something she didn't spot before, but there was a chair in front of it as well as hair accessories.

"This was Marissa's room." Elizabeth said to Scarlett snapping her out of her gaze. "Well, before she left us and found Luther of course."

"So she did live here."

"For a brief time. Everything is exactly how she left it, but now this room belongs to you." A smile began to spread across her face. "Welcome home Scarlett Ross."

And then she left, nearly slamming the door behind her.

Scarlett fell on top of the bed and curled up into a ball. She buried her face into the soft pillow, feeling the tears and felt a sense of numbness all over her body. This was her new life and she could do nothing to change it.

TO BE CONTINUED.....