Its Been So Long

Walking along the road on the sunny morning, "Don't You Dare Forget The Sun" plays through my earbuds. "One of Toby's favorites..." I thought in silence, I walked without looking up until I got in front of his house.. I looked at the house, destroyed by the flames and falling in. "It's been so long..." was all that was on my mind as I walked up to the front door and went inside. Looking around the house and heading upstairs, memories of Toby and I playing in this house. "It's been so long..." repeatedly over and over in my head "its been so long..."

Flashback
"Come on Kaelie!" Toby yelled playfully as he climbed the stairs, my short legs run behind him and a laugh escapes my lips. "Toby wait up!" He waited at the top of the stairs then began running again when I was halfway up, running after him I tackle him into his bedroom. "Tag you're it!" He chuckles, "nice one Kae," he pulls me into a hug and we lay on the floor laughing. Laughing like we're kids again.
flashback end
I smiled a bit in sadness, missing my best friend. "I miss you so much Toby Wan Kenobi," at that moment I felt I was being watched.. but nothing was around. Walking up the rickety stairs I twitch some and open the door to Toby's old room. "May the force be with you Master Kenobi," what the hell's gotten into me? Why so many Star Wars references? My mind went hazy again, "enjoying yourself child?" Satan came back. "Do you miss your friend?" Shaking my head I walk out of the old house, "I know where he is my child," okay wait. Toby is dead. There's no way he's still alive and even if he is he hates me. I kept walking, and eventually ended up on school grounds. "Mother fuck." I muttered under my breath "all of you assholes are gonna fucking die one day and I'll be laughing at your ashes." I chuckled to myself. God I'm just as bad as a murderer. Oh fucking whale. Flipping my hood up I walk in and go to my classes. Welcome to hell everyone, I hope you enjoy the show.