Introduction

My name? Oliver, Oliver Maxwell. I'm an A student in high school who has an average life like everyone else. But today is different, today I have a performance in musical theater!

     But of course something has to go wrong. Mother says I need to go say goodbye to grandmother before she leaves, the thing is her house is hours and hours away from mine. It's like the world is against me...

   We started the drive, mother was talking up a storm as we drove there saying we'd make it back in time for my performance, I knew she was lying. She's a terrible liar.     I pick up my phone and read over thirty texts each from my musical theater crew, yelling at me.

      "Where are You Oliver?!? We're starting in a few minutes!!!" I read of a text to my mother, making sure to enunciate the exclamation marks and question marks, along with making the angry face she made at the end. My mother let out a hardy laugh

        "Oh dear! Your friends are ridiculous!" I laugh as well, holding back a frown.

     Me and my mother get out of the car and knock on my grandmothers door, I myself am trembling with anger. My grandmother answers the door and yelps as loud as possible, almost bursting my ear drums "AH! I'm so glad to see you!" She then proceeds to pinch my cheeks, to which I brush away her arms.

     She gestures inside of her home then we walk in, now I've been let off the hook finally and I can go roam around, I knew it was 'adult' chat, to which I scoff at. It's ridiculous.