Chapter One

Watching as cars flew across his vision he listened as cars honked, people chatted and food stands hollered their prices and products. His dark, shaggy hair hung over his eyes and his thick eyelashes flicked against his eyelids as his eyes traveled with the cars flying by.

Stuffing his hands deep into his jean pockets, he lifted his body from cold bench and shuffled his feet along the dirty, city sidewalk.

Bumping his shoulder into someone jogging down the sidewalk he mumbled a sorry as a few profanities were thrown his way.

It's been almost four years since I saw her last.

She was the only thing that was ever on my mind.

I was the only one she ever spoke to.

It was both our choices.

Biggest mistake I've ever made.

I can't admit that though.

I can't mope about it ether because it was my choice.

I chose to see the un-seeable.

I've waited on this bench everyday for the last 1,420 days.

Three years and 352 days.

Almost four years.

It doesn't feel like it's been that long though.

Everyday is a blur.

Pointless, hopeless blur but I refuse to give up.

She'll come back.

Maybe.

I hope.

Letting out a deep, heavy sigh my warm breath met the cold New York air causing steam to blur my vision.

Stopping in my tracks I looked to my left spotting a small coffee shop, memories of that place flooded my mind. Looking to my right, my eyes fell on a flower stand with a small woman standing in front of it, more memories.

Pushing myself forward I came to a crosswalk and jabbed my palm into the cross walk button. Upon waiting for the go ahead to cross the street I felt a small hand rest on my shoulder. Without looking my heart sped up and a lump settled in my throat because I knew exactly who it was.

It was her.