Chapter One

Chapter One-

Violet's POV -

It has been exactly one year since I passed away. One year filled with sorrow. 

I had been living in the same house the entire time, roaming the same halls, doing the same things. I spent a lot of time with my parents, who just wanted me to be happy. But I couldn't. I could never be happy after what I went through. 

I once saw Tate, he was walking through the house. I made eye contact with him, and then he was gone. He knew never to approach me again, after what had happened. 

But still, playing cards with my mother and father got boring. But I could never forgive Tate for what happened, it was unforgiveable. My mother and father sometimes tried to be happy together, but we all knew they couldn't. Not after Hayden and Tate. 

Hayden still wouldn't leave my father alone. She was completely insane. She would chase my father around for hours. She sometimes snarled at me, and I laughed at her. She wanted something she would never have. Ever. 

The first few months after my death, the months went by slowly. Each day felt like a month to me. I eventually got used to it.

I walked downstairs to get some tea from the kitchen. I didn't have to eat or drink since I was a ghost, but I liked the taste. To my surprise, there was already two cups of tea ready on the counter. I thought someone had made some for whoever to take. I was dead already anyways.

I put a spoon in my tea and swirled it around. I finally took a spoonful and smiled after I drank it.

"You've always loved tea, haven't you?" A familar voice says from behind me.

I turn around, and see him. there was Tate Langdon standing right in front of me. I quickly turned around and nervously gulped. I haven't alked to him since, well. Since last year the day I found out about him raping my mother. 

"Violet," I hear him say with a sorrowful one in his voice. I took another si[ of my tea and pretended he wasnt there. "I know what I did was unforgiveable. I know that. I have waited for you for a year, and I will wait another houand if it means you will talk to me." He looks over at me.

I sat there for a minute, before I spoke. "Tate, just go." I couldn't find the voice inside of me to scream out go away. I just had a soft tone, barely finishing the word go.

"I can't. not without you." He says to me. 

"You have caused so many people, so much pain. What were you thinking Tate?"  I truthfully say to him.

"I don't know, okay? I'm so sorry Violet, but can't you see? I love you, you were the only thing I had. All I want is you Violet." He buries his face in his large hands as he places elbows on the counter.

"i wanted you Tate. I loved you. I can't  love you anymore!" I screamed at him, I couldn't handle this. 

"All I ever wanted was you! All I want is you! Violet!" He screams as tears stream down his cheeks. "Violet!" He screams again as I stand up and begin to walk out of the room.

He sprints over to me and grabs my shoulder to turn around. "I love you." He faintly smiles as a tear drop falls down his cheek.

He kisses me, for just a moment, until I pull away. I hear him let out a sob as I run up the stairs, with my head spining. Of course I loved him, of course I did. I wanted him so much. But I could never be with Tate Langdon ever again. Even if it did change him.