Chapter Two -

Chapter Two -

Tate's POV -

It has been two days since I last spoke to Violet. I waited a year to talk to her, and it couldn't of gone any worse. I loved her, with all of my heart. She was the only thing that was light in my world. She changed me.

But if she didn't want me, I would go away. I care about her needs more than my own. I wouldn't go down without a fight though. Not until Violet tells me to never talk to her again, I wouldn't give up on us.

I walk through a hallway of the house, passing by Ben, Violet's dad. I didn't know how to tell the man I was sorry, or to see if he would ever forgive me. So I would just make eye contact with him, wondering what he thought of me. Definitely bad things.

My shaggy blonde hair gets in the way of my eyes as I look around for Violet, so I push it out of my way to see clearer. I walk around the house for a good five minutes, until I walk to her room. She was on her iPod, as usual, listening to music. She was reading some sort of book.

As soon as I walk in, she looks over at me and then back down at her book. She ignored me as I walked in front of her. "Violet." I murmured. "Violet." I say again a bit louder.

She pulls out her headphones and looks up at me with her brown eyes. "Violet, I'm begging you. I'm on my knees." I drop down to my knees and bow my head as my eyes get a bit teary. "I just want it to be how it use to, I want to play cards with you all day and talk about birds." I say, truthfully. I really did want to.

She cracks a small smile out of the corner of her mouth. I pulled out from behind my back a black flower. "I got this for you." I say while holding out a black rose for Violet. I did the exact same thing a little over a year ago to her. She looks at it and softly laughs as she takes it from me, laughing.

I smile back at her, with a gleam of hope in me.

"Violet," I stutter. "If you ever need someone, I'm here, I'm always here for you." She nods. "I love you." I blurt out.

She looks at me with a sad look. "I think you should go." She looks down.

I walk outside of the door gloomily. Why did I say I love you? I ruined us completely. I walk downstairs and kick a chair out of anger. I bury my face in my hands. "Damn it Tate." I whispered to myself as I cursed to myself. Violet was the lightest thing I ever knew, I wanted her. No, I needed her.