II

These words sent her into a dizzying state of disbelief. The way you feel when you question a disastrous situation that you're in, "This can't be happening", "This kind of thing won't happen to me", yet there you are and there she was.

And there he was.

Rough fingers grasped round her blindfold from behind and she was thrust into reality as light filled her eyes. She saw the room, a church? Her sight still marred. No, this didn't look like ANY church, it was a cathedral. The sheer expanse of the space in front of her was dazzling. Beautifully carved, wooden pews lined the aisle she was sat in. Stone gargoyles sat atop columns around the room, staring down at her mockingly. No light shone through the stained glass windows, no light filled the room apart from the delicate, flickering of a few candles on the altar. This feeble brightness did nothing to ease her but as her vision adjusted, she saw it. She saw them. The malicious thoughts she had conjured in her mind did nothing to prepare her for the sheer brutality that met her gaze.

Bodies.

Everywhere.

Hung, like pigs.

Nails piercing their hands, nails driven through their feet, a nail through their head; suspending them against the cold stone walls. Faces twisted in absolute terror; their mouths hung agape, blood and spit dousing their clothing, saturating them in crimson. Suspended in agony against their own crude, blood drawn pentagram. A strange symbol, she was sure she'd seen it somewhere. It dawned on her...these people, they worked here and they were...priests. She'd never followed religion, she'd never found somewhere she belonged but even she knew the severity of this crime against God. An insane laugh from behind hit her like ice and she crashed back down to reality.

"Hahahaha, you like my work, ah? These blasphemous pricks go against everything Lord Jashin represents, they spout their brainwashing bullshit and they want to call me a cultist? HA!"

The man behind her finally stepped round in front of her. Silhouetted against the dull light, she could barely make him out. He stood tall,  an intimidating figure. She stared up at him to try and put a face to her captor. Dim moonlight illuminated his wild, violet eyes and the candlelight danced around inside of them, a glint of pure insanity. His silver hair was pulled off his face, except for a single strand which hung loosely. As her eyes followed his face, down his strong jaw, down his neck, down to his chest, she noticed a familiar symbol hung on a crude chain. The same symbol scrawled in blood on the walls. Where had she seen that symbol before? She remembered rumours that came from the darkness, about a murderous, bloodthirsty cult circulating....is that something to do with it? As she stared at the necklace, she noticed the mans skin glisten with sweat, it must be tiring work...nailing bodies to walls.

"My eyes are up here, damn, you're one lustful bitch. This is gonna be fun! Nothing Lord Jashin loves more than the blood of a dirty, fucking whore."

She screamed at him, she put her whole body into it but nothing came out, her force hit the gag and her throat burned.

SMACK

He hit her with the back of his hand across the face and pain seared through her jaw.

"WHAT DID I FUCKING TELL YOU?! DISOBEY ME AGAIN AND I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU"

She could feel her eyes water and blood soak the gag in her mouth. No, she thought, she wasn't going to cry. She bit down hard on the gag and turned to stare up at him with anger in her eyes. He raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Hahaha, what's with that look? Did that not hurt enough? Do you want more? Damn, you feisty bitch...."

She recoiled as he suddenly bent over her and grabbed her jaw in his hand, so tightly that she winced. She could feel his wet hair, against her skin. His breath against her cheek. She saw his muscular body towering over her. He lowered his mouth to her ear and whispered huskily.

"I'll give you more, so much more that you can't take it."

***********