Near to the truth

Delia & Deidre have decided to know what's going on ,they now know very well that their Nana is hiding something about her from them ,but they don't know what exactly it is.
"Something obviously wrong with Nana, isn't it Delia?"
"Sure it is, Deidre! "
"Did she do something bad to someone?" Deidre wondered
"Or maybe no one likes her because of her cold & aggressive treatment " Delia said through gritted teeth
"Maybe, cause we barley have someone visiting us"Deidre said
"We should ask her!" Delia said angrily.
"Just act as you are going to apologize,okay Deidre" Deila said cunningly
"Okay Delia"

The twins knocked the door and at once they heard their Nana's angry voice "go away, I struggle to make you happy and that's the thanks I get ,shouting at me"
The twins rolled their eyes "We are here to apologize for all what happened Nana and I promise I will break up with Andrew, just let us enter" Delia lied.

There was a deep silence for a while and the twins gave each other a nod as a sign to enter, they both opened the door very slowly and approached their heads from the small opening of the door ,then they enterned the room and the two sat beside their Nana.
their grandmother was knitting, not looking up at them ,Delia & Deidre knew that they can't ask her directly about her problem, so they should ask a non direct question that may give them what they want to know.
"Why we didn't see you a lot before our mom died?"Deidre asked
"We mean how was your life before we moved to live with you?, I bet it was boring without us" Deidre asked With a smirk.

The old woman seemed to be in oversight after these two questions, she knew very well that the twins want to know about her past life, she was hesitated either to tell them or evade, she didn't want to tell them cause they won't forgive her as the society did ,she knew that she deserves this, but these twins are the only family she have who doesn't know about her dark past with the joker, so she chose to evade.

"Yes, it was" their grandmother muttered ,not looking up
Deidre asked her question again.
" let's say we weren't understandable"
"Why?" Deidre asked
"Let's just forget about what happened today "
"I want to know the reason, she was my mom" Delia asked stubbornly.
"And I have just answered this question, NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM" the grandmother said impatiently.
The twins got out of the room groaning loudly.

"A failed plan, isn't it ,Deidre?" Delia asked annoyed
"Yeah, but I think I have another plan, sis" Deidre said with a challenging smile.

Author's note:
I know it had been two chapters about Delia and Deidre trying to figure out what their grandmother's secret is, but I promise that there will be other interesting events will happen throughout the story😉