Chapter Four-Amityville-2000-2015-(Epilogue)

The Y2K  Year 2000 bug that was to end the World didn't happen.

And, as all of New Yorkers in Times Square kissed during New Years Eve, they felt relief that America was moving forward.

Then, on September 11, 2001, a new kind of horror ripped into the dark soul of America. And, for several more years, the ghosts of Amityville, was killed off.

And things returned to normal.

***

POSTSCRIPT:

The 2012 documentary 'My Amityville Horror', (with Daniel Lutz), directed by Eric Walter, 'The Amityville Asylum', and 'Amityville', (filmed 3 March, 2014; released in early 2015), (a sequel/remake of 'The Amityville Horror', (2005), is yet more horror that's unleashed on BluRay DVD, (and cinemas). The story of Amityville can't die.

And, as Ric Osuna says, the real tragedy is that the DeFeo family died at the hands of their son, on November 13, 1974.

As for the Lutzes, (George died in 2005; Kathy in 2006), their 28 day ordeal with their children, (and their dog, Harry), remains controversial.

I also haven't written much about Daniel Lutz...and Christopher Quarantino (Lutz), because they've all had had enough of the media frenzy...and I can respect that for them, (and their families)...along with the memories of the Defeos...and the Cromarty families...(and all of the families who now live at 108 Ocean Avenue, Long Island, New York)...

...Everyone needs to now stop...take a long, deep breath...and know that the tragedy of Amityville involves a lot of people...and I, for one, will not go down a path of exploitative reporting. It is, like the JFK and RFK books, an American story of madness that should be put to bed forever.

***

INDEX

AmityvilleAmityville Horror, The

1977 book

1979, 2005 movie

Amityville Asylum, (2014 movie)

Amityville, (2015 movie)

Amityville movies

The Amity, (boat)

Amityville Police Department

Anson, Jay

author of

journalist,

Benchley, Peter

author

blessing

Boathouse

Bush, President George H W Bush

Bush, President George Bush

Brolin, James

actor

Conspiracy, The Amityville, (1995)

Car, The, (1977)

movie

Capone, Al

Chief Wyandanch

Cromarty family

Defeo family

Demonic possession

Dutch Colonial house

Gabled roofed windows

Great South Bay