The Chase.

Someone is after Emmery and they won't stop until they have her. 

With my eyes closed, I held my hand up, silencing everyone's loud murmurs. They didn't understand, I knew they wouldn't, but there was nothing I could do about it now. Knowing they were waiting for me to say something else, I opened my eyes and scanned the crowd. 

"I'm sorry," I said one last time into the microphone before turning and walking off stage. 

Loud shouts filled the air as I walked towards the door to the side of the stage. Lisey Black caught my gaze and gave me a soft smile. I tried to return it but it came out more like a grimace so I walked past her into the dressing room. 

"The limo will be-"

"I said I didn't want a limo," I told her, stopping in the doorway and turning to look at her. "I said I wanted a normal car. I'm going to the airport and I don't want people to find out where I'm going."

With a sigh, she nodded and took her Blackberry out. "Give me a few minutes, Em." 

"Thank you," I muttered, shutting the door behind me. "What are you doing here?" I asked my friend, who was sitting cross legged on the sofa, her phone in her hand and a wide smile on her face. 

"Did you know that Wes is going to ask me out?"

"That doesn't really answer my question," I told her, sitting down on the chair and pulling my high heeled shoes off. "God, I won't miss these," I muttered, looking at my poor red feet. 

"Miss them? What do- oh." Annabelle Jenkins finally pulled her eyes away from her phone and looked at me with a frown. "You don't have to quit, you know?" 

"I know, but it would be best." I slipped on my black converse and sighed, a smile slipping onto my face. "I'm glad I don't have to wear those stupid high heels anymore."

"Especially since you're going to be on a farm," she muttered, stretching and giving me a disapproving frown. 

"Whatever. I just want to avoid this... guy," I told her, standing up and walking over to the mirror. "And I'm glad to get rid of this bloody wig."

"But you liked the wig, you could have any colour."

"Yes, but it does get itchy." 

"Stop complaining." 

"Yes, ma'am," I said sarcastically, throwing the wig at her. I picked up my red suitcase and pulled out my blue shirt. "Get out, I need to change."

"But I don't want to be mobbed by little kiddies that want to meet you," she said, pouting at me. 

"Whatever. Turn around then." I ran my fingers through my brown hair and smiled. Once I was out of my dress and into my skinny jeans and blue shirt, I sent a text to Lisey saying I was ready to leave. "Okay. Come on, since you insisted on escorting me to the airport."

"Got to see my best friend off," she grinned. "Do you know if they have any cute boys there?" she asked me, twirling a piece of hair around her finger. 

"No...” I said slowly, looking at my taller friend with a frown. "I haven't been there since I was about four years old, so I haven't seen any of them. They're just a normal farm family."

"A normal farm family? Oh, I feel for you, babe. I bet you have to wear the boots and muck out the stables."

I winced at her words but didn't say any more on the subject. Pulling along my suitcase, I headed towards the back door of the venue and scanned the group of people for Lisey. Fans screamed when the door opened but once they realised it wasn't Emily Waters, they calmed down and let me and Annabelle through.