Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Was there any other way? Was there some way to go back? To go back in time? And change all the wrong decisions I've made in life? Was it possible? All I had to do was to go back to January and make the right decision. The right decision. Everything but the wrong one. Change everything. Everything. Was there any other way?

Life hasn't been so easy for me the past years of my life, especially the last few months. I haven't really been myself, neither have my friends. It all started when I attended Hallbury High three years ago.

                       ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊   ◊

"Lucy! Lucy wait! Wait!" Kelly shouted behind me as we were running to class.

"Kelly, we can't be late on our first day! Tell me later at second period!" I shouted back to her as I reached the classroom.

"Amanda Pinkett?" Mrs. Grimsby, as we later learned was her name, asked as she took the attendance.

 "Good morning Mrs. Grimsby!" Amanda answered in her usual kiss-ass way. Amanda had been the teacher's pet and the only straight-A student in our class since second grade.

Yes! She hasn't said our names yet! I thought as Kelly and I sneaked inside and sat ourselves in the last seats in the far back row of the classroom. 

"...Ella Verigold?" she asked as she kept on jotting down the little dots and lines that were the attendance.

That's where I drifted off, thinking about how embarrassing it would have been if Mrs. Grimsby would have called our names before we came in to the classroom, about all the lessons I was going to take this semester and about how cool it was to actually be in high school! Which would change so much during the following years.

"...Lucy Bradshaw?" Mrs. Grimsby asked as she peered over her 50's-style glasses, which woke me up from my trance.

"Here Mrs. Grimsby!" I said as I stared blankly ahead at her as she took the rest of the attendance.

That day wasn't really a "lesson day" it was more of a follow-the-seniors-around-to-see-the-school kinda day. All we did was getting divided into groups which were all assigned to a special someone who was one of the seniors. What I'm saying is that a group of seniors in which every senior had it's own group of freshmen. It was a bit like a sight-seeing tour where the seniors were our guides.

"...and over here we have the chemistry lab were all the funky experiments go down," our senior, Jared, said. I could've sworn he had special lines written down on his hand or something.

"Uhmm, excuse me, Jared is it? Are you really gonna do the whole tour guide thing, with prepared lines?" I asked as we were walking down the hall. As I also was one of the people in the front of the group along with Kelly and Amanda Pinkett.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you wanna take over here?" he snapped, glaring fully at me.

"I didn't mean it that way, don't be rude..." I said the way someone reacts when you just got insulted.

"Fine, good then, over here we have the–"

I didn't really think he was that attractive even though practically all of the girls in our group were giggling at almost everything he said and flirting with him, asking him already obvious questions. Kelly and I were the only ones who weren't all over him. Well, except Pinkett, who was actually there for the tour of the school.

I guess high school wouldn't be so bad.