Pepsi: Chapter 3

The bus pulled onto the highway just five minutes after leaving, but already people were loud, talking, walking around, trading seats, etc. I found myself zoning in and out of what Natalie was saying constantly, and listening in on other conversations.

"And so I was like-"

"She totally stole my pen and-"

"My butt hit his hand-"

"While wearing shorts in winter-"

"You beat my-"

"Mom in a bikini! I almost threw up-"

"Lemonade! Crunchy ice! Beat it once!-"

"Show no mercy!! You got him! Now pin him-"

"And he held my hand! Isn't that romantic?" Natalie finished when I zoned back in. I nodded and smiled. I felt bad, but I was so excited that I couldn't keep my mind focused!

"Totally is, Nat!" I exclaimed. I was afraid of zoning out on something super important, so I decided to change subject. "Do you want some food? I have some pretty darn good snacks that I brought, if you'd like any?" She smiled.

"Do you have a chocolate chip granola bar? Those are one of my favorite things to eat right now." she smiled sheepishly. I climbed out of my seat and pulled down my bag from the upper compartment.

While digging around my bag, Natalie spoke up.

"Where is John? It's so crowded in here, I can't find him! I'm afraid P.J. is going to flip out if he finds out. I've heard that he's not very fond of dating, especially middle school dating. Do you think I should make it obvious and see what he does, or hide it?"

I tossed Natalie the granola bar while looking over to P.J., who was driving the bus for a little bit to keep himself busy before the driver took over. "Well, Nat," I looked back at her. "I wouldn't tell him anything now. If he doesn't like dating, you just might get us all killed." She rolled her eyes at me as I climbed back into my seat.

"Hey!" someone shouted. "Where's my hat?!" I look up to see Bryaen on the floor of the bus, scooting on his stomach as he looked for his hat. I heard someone laugh quietly, and two rows up I saw Kendri stuffing the hat into her coat sleeve. Kerina choked on her laughter, but luckily, no one else really noticed, so she didn't give Kendri away. I smiled and watched Bryaen belly crawl his way past. Cyle just looked at Bryaen weird, rolled his eyes, and started to help Bryaen by walking around and looking for his beanie.

I laughed as Cyle passed which made Bryaen shoot up from the floor and Cyle spun around to face me.

"Where's my hat?!" Bryaen almost squealed, since his voice cracked. I laughed.

"Yeah, give it!" Cyle stuck out his hand. I smiled.

"I don't have it, sorry." I said.

"Yes you do! Give me the hat!" Bryaen walked over, standing awkwardly close to Natalie.

"I promise I don't have it." I smirked. Natalie nudged me.

"Sarah, just give him the hat." she said, her eyes darting from Bryaen to me, her other hand secretly pointing to the back where John was sitting. I looked quick. John was staring daggers at Bryaen.

"Honestly, I don't have it." I said. Trust me, I love Natalie, but I gotta have a little fun with this. I don't have it, like I said. I don't have to explain anything.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw all of the girls: Kendri, Kerina, Katrina, May, both Bella's, Clara, April, and a girl named Alissa, staring an biting their lips to conceal their laughter. Kendri was slowly pulling out the hat.