Wait, what?

"For someone so adamant about being at the top of the class, you sure do sleep a lot, Mr. Jeager." A sarcastic voice called.

Eren's head shot up, a piece of paper stuck to his cheek.

The classroom burst into roaring laughter, and Eren's face flushed bright red. Ms. Hange smirked at him from the front of the classroom.

"Sorry." He mumbled, bowing his head and resisting the urge to whirl around and punch Jean in the face for laughing. Sure, the whole class was laughing too, but something about the boy behind him made his blood boil. 

Hange continued with her lesson, sounding way too enthusiastic about the cannibal tribe she was talking about. Eren leaned his head on his hand and sighed while looking around the classroom. He had an uneasy feeling sitting in his gut, like he had just woken up from a nightmare he couldn't remember. 

"Pssst." Jean hissed in his ear. 

Eren ignored him and instead tried to see what Sasha was doing on her phone under her desk. 

"Psssstt!" His voice was louder , and Eren felt his hot breath on his ear. 

"What?" He growled, turning slightly. 

"Hey, Mikasa's staying at your house, right?" Jean whispered.

"Yea, why? Do you suddenly wanna be besties so you can stalk her?" Eren asked sarcastically.

"Hah, you wish." Jean said, sounding hesitant. 

"Okay, then why are you asking?" Eren snapped. 

"Nothing! Forget it, geez." 

Eren rolled his eyes and looked over at Mikasa (Sitting in the row next to him) who was diligently taking notes. Her hair was getting long, even brushed behind her ear an unruly strand made its way across her face. She brushed it back but it fell over her face again. She sighed and shook her head slightly, as though she was giving up. 

Eren let out a puff of laughter and she looked up with a sheepish grin. 

"So on an unrelated note," Jean whispered again, making Eren jump. "Do you mind if i stop by your house before the party tonight and copy your notes." 

"Dude, does it look like i'm taking notes?"

"Well, no-"

"Then why even lie? Just come over, i really don't care." 

"Oh... uh okay."

"Sooooo, About tonight." Eren heard Sasha say as they ran laps around the football field. 

"I already told you!" Connie groaned, "I'm not going, remember what happened last time?"

"Oh come on! That crab attack was totally a freak accident!"

"So are we or are we not going tonight?" Mikasa asked, slowing down as she passed Eren. 

"Uh, sure." Eren replied, huffing slightly before Mikasa took off in what seemed like sprint to the rest of them, but to her it was just jogging. 

"Getting passed up by Mikasa again?" Reiner, an enormous boy built like an ox, asked falling into step beside Eren. 

"Yea, whatever.." He replied, focusing on running just a little faster. 

"Going to the beach tonight?" He asked, keeping pace with Eren.

"Yea, you?" 

"Yup." Reiner laughed. 

"Oookay.." Eren said awkwardly, wondering why he was trying to talk to him. 

"Well, see ya later then!" He called, running ahead.