Chapter 1

I woke up to the doorbell ring, so I went to answer the door. What I found at the door was weird, it was a smol boy in a box. So I picked up the box and took it inside. I open the box and take the boy out of the box. "Hay, there buddy" I said, the boy didn't answer. The boy looked dirty so I put him in the tub and started washing him. He still never talked. The boy then looked at me and he said " Who are you?". I answered with "I'm Alexis, you showed up on my doorstep". He later said "I need to go back home" he started walking out the door. "Wait!" I said " Where is your home, I have a car I could take you there?". "Well I guess I'll tell you in your car" He said. We both walked out the door and I got in the drivers seat of the car, he got in the passengers seat. I started driving, it got awkward so I turned on the radio. Where did the party go by Fall Out Boy started playing. I was going to sing but I was scared, I had never met or seen this boy before, and I had wondered why he was left on my doorstep.

"Turn left" the boy said. So I turned left. "Turn left again" He said. So I turned left again. "Where here" he said. I looked but all I could see was ruins of a building that was once there. "It looks like there was a fire" I said. I turned to the boy who was crying, I honestly didn't know what to do. "I'm sorry" I said nervously. I leaned in and hugged him. "I guess that explains why someone dropped you off at my house" I said. "I guess" He said sobbing. "Well let's go back to my house" I said driving back to my house. Once we got there, there was a letter under the door, so I picked it up and opened it, it said.

Take care of my child I can no longer keep him safe, I wished I could of spent more time with him. 

Love, The boy's father

"Here" I gave the letter to the boy. "I can't read" he said. "Um...well then, did you ever go to school?" I asked. "What's a school?" He said. "Uh..it's a place where people learn" I said. "Oh" he said. "It's getting night, you can sleep on the couch ok?". "Ok" He nodded. "Wait- before you go to sleep do you have a name?" I asked. "Yes, it's Zach" Zach said.