The Governess's Assistant

(3P.O.V)

Worship was just over with as Sister Benise trotted over to Revren Mother who was conversing with the Mistress of Novicenc and the Mistress of Potulence.

" Revren Mother." Greeted Benise.

" Sister Benise." Replied the Mother.

" I simply cannot find them." Said the Nun.

" Maria and Rosaline?" Asked the Mother. This was no suprise to the Mother. Nor to the Sister, given it was the tenth time in the past two weeks for Rosaline and the third time for Maria in a month. The sister nodded her head answering to Revren Mother's question.

" They are both missing from the Abby again." Replied Benise. The trio gave each other a look, each meaning the same thing. After the two Mistresses conversed with the other sisters in the court yard, a dissision was made on both of the children.

Rosalime's P.O.V

I visited the town today, so many people smiling, singing, and dancing. I used to love to do all those things, before my mother died out at sea. My mother was killed, four years after I was born. After she died my father was away more than he was home, so when a terrible accident happened to me. I was sent to the Abby at age ten, after a tragic heartbreak with an old love. Maria is the only one I feel friendly with, she is like my older sister. I will sometimes sing with her outside of the Abby, but on very rare ocasion.

I was just walking through the entrance when a Nun , came rushing over to me. "I was to inform you that as of tomorrow you will be accompanying Maria, to the house of the Von Trap family, she is to be their new governess. Pack your things, you'll be leaving in the morning." She said, she was fairly young with rosy cheeks. I gave her a simple nod, that said I understand. I prefer to not talk unless necessary. I understood my place here at the Abby, though I do get into trouble for my adventures, I still understood I had no choice in the matter.

--- The Next Afternoon At The Von Trap House---

Me and Maria, had finally arrived at the gate, as she was singing about her confidence, I took in the wonderful view. In the middle was a huge water fountain, house was painted a smooth yellow. It was amazing. A fairly tall butler with grey hair led us inside the mansion. There are three stairways, two leading to an indoor balcony on the left and the right, and the third leads down to foryer with a huge empty space, and rooms on either side. Maria, being the courious, woman she is, decided to open one of those doors, and go inside. I saw her pretending to be asked to dance. Footsteps could be heard, if you were paying attention, coming from the door that I assumed lead outside. The man I assumed to be the Captain walked right passed me and into the doorway of the now occupied room.

The reaction on both of their faces, was amusing and very entertaining. Leading Maria into the foryer, only then did he realize me.

" And who might you be? A maid, I presume?" He asked, I gave a look to Maria that told her I didn't want to answer his question. I gracefully shook my head no and gave Maria one of my many looks.

" No Captain, she was to come here, with me, and help with the children." The Captain looked displeased, and to be honest, so was I. My attention was somewhere else causing me to miss most of their conversation, only when the Captain blew a very large and very loud whissle, did I come back to my surrounding.

Next thing I know doors are slamming and loud, thunderous foot steps are heard. Six children come zooming out of their rooms slamming doors and lining up at the end of the hall. I looked over at Maria who was just as confused and shocked as I was. Wasn't there supposed to be seven children lining up? The captain blew his whistle, and they turned, the captain blew his whistle again, only this time in a marching order. They marched. Coming down the stairs and turning to get in line facing us, then a girl with brown hair and a book in hand approached and took her place among the others. They were all in uniform, all sharp, and all... beautiful. Everyone of them was handsome and attractive, especially the tallest boy, ten feet away from me.