93.

"what is your greatest fear? aside from things like oblivion." i asked, resting my head on the taller boys' shoulder, looking out into the ocean and setting sun in front of us.

my ears tried to focus on the quiet sound of jacob's heart beating in his chest, the sound that never failed to calm me in seconds whenever i'd rest my head on his chest. though sadly, the quiet noise coming from his pretty heart seemed to be almost nonexistent in a place like this. the loud sounds of waves moving, crashing on top of each other, birds talking to one another, wind blowing through the trees.

these kind of things were the scenery you'd think of when you imagine a beautiful dream, surrounded by your friends or even your lovers.

he thought for a moment, tilting his head and letting it rest atop of mine.

"i don't think i have that many fears actually. nearly anything can be terrifying to anyone, it's never really that many specific things. anything is possible and anything can be scary when you think about it."

"but if you had to choose one thing in particular?"

"losing you. i'm scared of losing you, tro."

our hands stayed intertwined, as they had been for the last hour we'd been quietly sitting here, enjoying each other's company and warmth.

i nodded, closing my eyes for a moment and breathing in steadily.

"where do you see yourself in ten years?" i asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the calm moment we were experiencing.

"you've just got all the questions tonight, don't you?" he teased, tilting his head enough to knock his forehead against mine gently before setting it back where he'd previously had it.

i didn't have enough time to say anything else when he spoke up again, finally answering the question with an almost shaky-sounding breath.

"i see myself with you, living together, engaged or maybe even married."

"you think you'd want to marry me someday?" i ask, trying to hide the shock laced in my quiet voice.

he nodded back. "i really do."

"i do too."

"only time will tell, baby."

"i love you." i whispered, not bothering to bite back the gentle smile wanting to sweep across my rosy cheeks.

"i love you too, so so much."

(a/n that's.. that's the end.. woah. thank u guys so much for reading this mEss of a story damN a lot happened wowow. i hope u all enjoyed this as much as i truly enjoyed writing this.)