new schools

Maya stared up at the large building in front of her. It had double doors and a huge archway that loomed over them, and above that was a sign: Abigail Adams High. Maya took a deep breath and walked up the steps and through the doors. Out of all the schools she has been to this would have to have been the nicest one. Her last school she had a best friend named Tyler; she was his wing women whenever he wanted to know if a guy was gay. She missed him and really wished she hadn't done what she did. But that's what she thinks every time she has moved schools; she always gets herself in trouble.

Maya stared at the man sitting behind the desk. He had dark caramel skin, his hair would have been a dark brown if his head wasn't shaved; and piercing blue eyes. He looked up from the computer before asking, "Maya Hart?" Maya just nodded her head as he started to dig through a pile of papers before handing Maya her schedule.

"Ok class today we have a new student. She's from Brooklyn. Her name is Maya Hart." The teacher told the class as Maya stood at the doorframe. He had a black sheep for hair and very soft features. He had dark russet eyes and he was wearing a blazer with a plaid button up; the pattern of the plaid was very small. Maya stepped further into the classroom. "Why don't you tell us something about yourself? Huh Maya?" He asked her calmly.

"No." Maya said plainly.

The teacher just looked shocked before saying, "Ok why don't you sit in front of Mr. Friar." A boy with honey blonde hair, tan skin and olive green eyes.

"Howdy." He said gesturing at the empty seat in front of him. Maya walked over and sat in front of him. She had a smirk on her face. A cowboy. This is going to be fun. Maya thought to herself.

••

"Hi!" A tall brunette chirped as she stood next to Maya who was at her locker. Her hair went past her shoulders and stopped. She had warm chocolate eyes and a smile that could light up the whole room.

"Hello..." Maya trailed off as the brunette kept talking.

"I'm Riley. Nice to meet you Maya. I saw you and I just wanted to know if you would like to eat with us at lunch." She didn't speak fast but she didn't speak slowly either.

"Umm ok." Maya said as Riley bounded off.

•••

"What are you looking at?" Zay asked his best friend Lucas. They were standing by their lockers putting away things they didn't need.

"Huh? What? Oh uh nothing." Lucas said as he scratched the back of his neck. He quickly avoided eye contact with Zay.

"Really? You looking at her?" Zay asked motioning his head to Maya, who was talking to Riley. Lucas stayed silent.

"Do you like her?" Zay asked closing his locker.

"I don't know her. She's new." Lucas told him.

"But..." Zay said trying to drag it out of him.

"I don't know she's intriguing." Lucas said as he was looking at Maya. Oh they're dating. Whether they like it or not. Zay smiled at that thought.

They turned their heads when they heard the click of boots. They saw Riley bounding over to them. "Maya is sitting with us at lunch." She announced.

"Cool." Was all Zay said.

Thanks for reading my terrible book :) Sorry this part is short.

PS if you are reading on you're phone, turn it sideways to see the full header at the top.

• is undecided

•• means time skip

••• means the pov is following someone else