CHAPTER 5

Arjun opened the door to someone desperately ringing the bell. It was Meher's mother.

"Aunty!!! Umm... Hi.. Is everything ok?? You loook..",Arjun was cutoff by his mother, " Arey Naina, Ki hoya? Aeni tensed q lagdi?? (Naina, what happened? Why do you look so tense) "

"Miku halle tak ghar ni ayi,(Miku hasn't reached home yet) ", Naina answers Arjun's mother, Simran.

She looks towards Arjun and asks, "Puttar tu tan usi college vch hi pdna.. Tenu pta kithe aa o.( Son, you study in same college. Do you have any idea where she might be)"

"No, aunty. I have no idea", Arjun replied.

"Hae main ki kran hun. Na te Vansh ghar aa, te na Miku de papa. Phone v switch off h oda.. By God aeni laparwah h na ae kudi... Ki kran main... Utto mausam b khrab h aena. Pta ni kithe honi aa jhalli(What should I do now. Neither is Vansh home, nor their father. Even her phone is switched off. By God!! This girl is so careless. What should I do. Moreover weather is also bad. Where is this stupid girl. )

"O Naina, tu tension na le. Kithe fas gyi honi. Aru janda h na vekh anda h. Aru puttar odi kise friend da pta tainu?( Naina, don't worry. She might be stuck somewhere. Aru can go and check up on her. Aru, do you know any of her friends? ) " Simran said assuring Naina.

"Umm.. No mumma, but I'll go and check", Arjun replied picking up his bike keys.

The weather was a bit on colder side. The sky was dark and deep booms rumbled through the air. This was really going to be a heavy shower. The thunder grew louder and sharper as he sped his bike towards the college. There weren't many people around, even though it wasn't that late. It was just 7 in the evening. But probably the intensity of  thunderstorm forecasted the magnitude of rain that was about to pour and people chose better to stay indoors.

Finally the tiny droplets began to fall, making Arjun tense about Meher's whereabouts. He had almost reached the college when his eyes fell on Meher, who was standing by her scooty, trying to kick start it. Her eyes watery with  fear and worry. She was afraid what she was going to do if her scooty didn't start.

Arjun approached her and stopped his bike near to where Meher stood. She atonce got alarmed at someone's presence so close to her, but let a sigh of relief, when she realized who it was.

It was almost on cue that the tiny droplets turned into  furious waterfall from the sky. Arjun looked up to the sky, and mumbled, "Really??!!!! "

Shaking his head in disbelief  he reached up to Meher. Without asking anything, he held the handle of her scooty. Meher shifted to a side allowing him to do the honors.

Arjun tried his best but it didn't start. The heavy rainfall wasn't helping either. Arjun dragged the scooty to a nearby shelter and requested the caretaker to park the vehicle until tomorrow.

The caretaker surprisingly agreed, though in exchange of some amount. Arjun agreed as it was a fair deal.

Parking the vehicle at the safest arrangement possible, Arjun went towards Meher.

"You should inform Aunty that you are safe.", Arjun said.

"Ummm.. My phone is dead.", Meher replied shivering a bit.

"Yeah right.. Ofcourse. The phone is dead.", Arjun said rolling his eyes.

He took out his phone and took the nearest shelter, gesturing Meher to come along.

"Hello Aunty.. Yeah I found her. Don't worry. She is absolutely fine. Yeah her scooty had some problems. We are just heading home. Yeah we'll reach in 15. Yeah. Ok. Bye" Arjun informed Naina.

He looked at Meher who was looking at him, scared. "She is just worried. Won't scold you that much. Not at least now.",  He said assuring her.

"Yeah.. I just hope so. Its just that I was getting out of college then Abhimanyu... ", Meher started explaining what actually happened but was cut off by Arjun, "Listen.. I really don't care what happened".

"Yeh..Right.... Why would you.", Meher shot back.

"Just tell me why are you here by the way", Meher asked bluntly.

" Just because of Aunty. As much as I hate you, You know I honor her a lot and I cannot see her worried. Moreover neither Uncle nor Vansh was at home, so Aunty worried more than necessary", Arjun shrugged.

Meher glared at him in hatred. She was shivering, partly due to cold, partly due to anger. She knew Arjun hated her and she  hated him too, but this was the first time Arjun had actually said that out loud.

Arjun sensed her shivers and took off his jacket, offering it to her.

" No thanks, I am not that weak that I would need alms from you.", Meher hissed .

"You might not be weak. But you are transparent", Arjun said with a smug face.

Meher gulped at his words and looked at her attire, noticing her white top that had now gone transparent. She was still taking in his words, when Arjun carefully placed his jacket on her shoulders and headed to his bike.

Meher held the jacket, that hung on her shoulder before it could slip down. She wore it completely as Arjun started his bike and waited for her to hop onto the back seat.

She would have avoided his help on any other occasion, but today she was too embarrassed and scared to fight back. So she just settled on the back seat of his growling Royal Enfield.

The ride back home was silent and quick. Arjun stopped the bike in front of her home. She walked towards her house without even acknowledging his presence. Thanking him was a different case.

She ranged the bell and her mother opened the door  so quickly as if she had been standing by the door. Naina hugged her daughter without even asking anything.

After a brief mother daughter moment, they entered the house. It was when Meher was about to close the door that she noticed Arjun still standing at the front of her house, waiting for her to get inside safely.

Noticing her eyes on him, Arjun abruptly turned his bike towards his home and parked inside the garage, getting inside his home.

Meher finally closed the door, when Arjun disappeared into his home.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
A/N:

Dear Readers

Hope you liked the chapter. Please drop in your feedback, even if its not a positive one.

I appreciate all the support you all have been providing. Please keep voting /sharing and keep the comments coming.

Also, the chapter is not proofread, so please ignore the mistakes or just.. Point out ☺️☺️☺️ so I can correct.

Love ❤️ ❤️