She would never know until that day

Kayla would never know that one day, in the future, she would become Kayla Michelle Nestor. And she would have never known that day would be the happiest day of her life until it came true... And it did. This is Kayla's love story, in the perspective's of one of her best friends... Me, Shelby Borreli
I met Kayla on July 3, 2017 and to be honest that day was the happiest day of my life, because Kayla has been there for me through every little thing. And I love her. She means the world to me. I was thirteen when I met her. I am now 25 years old. And Kayla was turning 17 in September. She is now 29 years old.
So let's get on with the story. Kayla had never met Ethan until she got to go to PAX in October of 2017. She finally got to hug and meet the man she was in love with. She was so happy. Kayla had finally built up the courage to ask him for his number so they could talk because they had a blast together when they met at PAX. Ethan gave her his number and Kayla couldn't believe it at the time.
For about a year Kayla and Ethan talked each and everyday when they weren't busy and she told me all about it. But one day Ethan didn't text Kayla back. Which was odd because he would always text her back. At the time me and Ethan were friends too but not like him and Kayla. So she asked me to text him. So I did.