Chapter Fifteen

My heart raced rapidly as my eyes began painting a portrait of the sea, the unforeseen news startling me dramatically. How could it be? It wasn’t. Was it? How could I have been so blind? I was strolling around the dull corridors contemplating on everything around me yet I still failed at distinguishing who he really was. 

I stared at Harry with worried eyes as he shook his head in my direction, begging me not to say a word. I wasn’t certain whether or not I should be frightened, worried or filled with anger. The only one thing that I was currently certain of however, was that I was utterly idiotic. So goddamn foolish. 

I had left Harry within the care of the one person who would undoubtedly be the reason for even more ache and discomfort. 

“Ashley,” Greg spoke as he turned his body around. “Whats wrong? You’re crying.” How could someone have the decency to  invade a couples life, endangering them both with their mental schemes. I was knowledgable that Greg was a complete lowlife, but even this was to far for him. To purposely sneak within a hospital and persuade those around him that he's a professional doctor. How could the hospital be so  unintelligent was my question; This was ludicrous. 

Don’t Harry mouthed to me, attempting to shut me up. 

“I’m just happy.” I replied, allowing Harry to sigh in relief. “Seeing Harry awake again just illuminates a feeling on complete happiness within me. He’s my everything.” I explained, knowing that speaking such delicate words of Harry would injure Greg's already wounded and twisted heart. “And no one could replace him.” 

“I’m glad,” He faked a smile. “Great to see you all so happy.”

There it was. There it fucking was: That manipulative smile. How could I have failed to notice that? I had become so twisted at the thought of losing Harry that I was unsuccessful in even seeing the events unfolding before my eyes. 

“Thanks, Doc.” Harry nodded. 

“I’ll be back in a few minutes, I just have to go check on another patient.” 

As Greg casually strolled outside the room my feet raced me to Harry’s bed, my tears now falling like currents against his chest. 

“I’m sorry.” I cried, “You don’t even understand how sorry I am. I’m a fucking idiot, I’m sorry. Harry, please. This is all my fault. Ever since the day you met me, I just.. I can’t.” 

“Babe, would you kindly shut the fuck up.” He chuckled, wrapping my face within the large palms of his hands. “Look at me,” He spoke, redirecting my head. “None of this is your fault, okay? You had no idea and you shouldn’t worry about all this happening - You couldn’t have done anything. We’re going to fix this.” 

“How the hell are we mean’t to fix this, Harry? How?” 

“I’m leaving today, aren't I?” 

“Yes, we’re gonna leave the hospital but that doesn’t mean that we can just as easily escape that monster.” 

“We’ll find a way. I’m not going to let him hurt you, don’t you understand that, baby?” 

“I love you.” 

“And I love you.” 

Greg’s POV. 

Plan B. 

Look whats finally back! Ayeeee. Please go check out insanity while you're here. comment, vote and share - dont be a silent reader! Ily all xx