THE NIGHTMARE.

Johnny wakes up screaming in the middle of the night. feeling his heart beating faster and faster. he sits there looking out the window and scared to death of what he had just dreamed. Johnny wanted to cry but he didn't. Sodapop came in the room and sat on the bed next to Johnny and asked " Johnny are you okay?" Johnny looked at him and said " no Soda I had a nightmare I haven't able to sleep because of the nightmares. please hold me Soda." Soda held Johnny and calmed him down. Dally came  the room in asked " what happened I heard Johnny scream." Soda told Dally that Johnny had a nightmare and he is very scared of what he dreamed. Johnny said " that he is happy to be back with his friends. but times like this he wished that he was with Ms. Evelyn so she could rock him to sleep." Soda said " I can rock you to sleep Johnny because I rock Ponyboy to sleep when he has nightmares." Darry came in the room and told them that Johnny's nightmares are coming from his past and the bad life that he had before and even when the state took him away and put him in foster care because some of the foster homes that he was in before was bad. Darry asked " Johnny do you want to stay awake until you can fall asleep again?" Johnny said " thanks Darry but I don't think that I will be able to go back to sleep for while. but I will try to go back to sleep later on." Dally and Soda told Darry that they will stay with Johnny until he falls asleep. then Dally got the gift that he had made for Johnny and gave it to Johnny. and said " here Johnny this is for you ." Johnny opened the box and saw a silver cross on a chain. Dally said " Johnny I had this made for you it will help you sleep and get through the nightmares and give you some hope. Johnny fell asleep in Sodapop Curtis's arm feeling safe. The next night the nightmares started worse than night before Johnny woke up screaming and shaking and holding his switchblade his friends Bri and Soda came running in Johnny's room to see what was wrong and Johnny told them about the nightmares while he was crying. Bri and Soda held Johnny and calm  him down and reassured him that he was safe.