Chapter 2

You wait for Matthew outside in the hallway.

"Hey," hey says as he approaches you.

People in the hall are starting to notice him.

"So," he says as he looks into your eyes

"I'm obviously new here, and I think I need a tour guide."

You look at him and smile. You can see he's a little nervous talking to you.

"Well let me see your schedule" you say as you playfully grab it out of his hand.

"Hey you're in my science class next period!" You say.

The two of you start walking and continue an endless conversation.

You arrive to science just before the bell rings.

Unfortunately the only empty seat is with a table of boys across the room.

You watch him as he gets friendly with the guys. But you notice that whenever he gets a chance he looks at you. You start to tuck your hair behind your ears and look away.

After science you have no classes together, but you see him in the courtyard after school.

"Hey thanks for helping me today" he says as he nudges your shoulder.

"We should hang out sometime" he smiles.

"Sure, what's your number?" you can feel yourself screaming inside. He types it into your phone. And surprisingly gives you a friendly hug goodbye.

You walk away in awe. Matthew Espinosa just gave you a hug-and his number!