Maddies POV

I wake up in a plain white room. There's beeping and mumbling voices. I strain to hear what they're saying. "She'll never wake up. I finally got rid of her!" I think that's Greg...oh no! "I guess at least I won't have to pretend to hate Mackenzie... but I still love Maddie! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!" A voice sounding rather like Ms Abby screams before storming out and slamming the door. I'm trying to be as quiet as possible but I can't help coughing, my throat feels dry and scratchy after the beating Greg gave me when he pulled me out of dance class earlier. I suddenly realise my mistake once the cough escapes my lips but it's too late now. "Ahhh! The little angels woken! But angels belong in the sky...not the earth! SO WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" Greg shouts, getting more angry at each word he spits out. I squeeze my eyes and pray he won't hurt me. And then I remember that I'm in a hospital so whilst staring at Greg, I slowly reach my hand down the the emergency help button, praying for someone to come and stop Greg. I hear footsteps coming but unfortunately he does too, and jumps back, forcing a fake smile to his grubby face. "Ah! Good evening Mr Gisoni!" The nurse smiles "I see this beauty has woken!" She looks at me with admiration and then continues with "is there anything you'd like, Madison?" I shudder at the name. I bite my tongue to stop myself screaming that I want Greg gone but I know I have to stay strong for my sister, even if I have ruined our bond. My sister...Kenzie?! Where's Kenzie?! "WHERES MACKNEZIE?!" I screamed "I WANT HER!" I sob, suddenly scared. I need someone to help me, to understand what I'm going through. Just like her. The nurse looks concerned then sighs "she's...she's not woken up yet but I can take you to see her? I doubt she'll wake up for a while though." I nod my head, scared for what's happened to her. I also wonder where mom is, but the further she is the better I guess. I follow the nurse down the corridor as Greg leaves to go to the pub again. We stop outside a closed door "ahh here we are... I'll let you have some time with her but I'll be back to check on you guys in 5 minutes" the nurse smile comfortingly. This is it...I'm gonna make it up to Kenzie. I slowly enter the room, shutting the door behind me carefully. I see her lying there, lifeless. I smile as I see her chest rise up and down, telling me she's still breathing. I sit next to her and hold her little hand "Kenzie, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such a bad big sister and for being such a brat! I let Dance ruin my life and my friendships with the girls but worstly with you. I wake up every day bursting to tell you something, then remember I can't and I miss you. I know you hate me for not standing up for you when Greg and Mom hurt you but...but they made me promise not to. They said they'll hurt you more if I help you and I can't risk that. Because Kenziboo... the thing is... they hurt me too. That's why I passed out today. He beat me. Hard. I need you Kenzie and I know you need me too...just please wake up I can't do this alone!" I cry uncontrollably.

A/N I'm gonna post the next chapter right now but it'll only be a really short one in Kenzie POV then I should be able to update at the end of the week but I can't post this week coz i won't have wifi😢 Thank you for all the support and remember to vote! ⭐️💖