Chapter Twenty - Five

A New Day, A New Sky

Blake's POV

I woke up only to find out that somewhere between 3am and now, Sky had rolled on top of me and her head was in the crook of my neck. I loved having her so close to me.  I tried to roll her off gently so that I could get up and take a shower, but she started to stir. I knew that I wanted to keep her with me for a long time. It had been hell to go through all this shit with me and her.

"Blake?" she murmured sleepily.

I kissed her forehead lightly before trying to get her back to sleep. 

"Go back to bed, Skylight."

She rolled over and fell back asleep, so I walked quietly into the bathroom and took a shower. All the while thinking exactly what I had to do to make sure that we stay on good terms. Sometimes it's hard. I never thought it would be this hard to keep a girl. 

As I was coming out, I saw Skylar looking at her phone. She shook her head and put it away.

"Is everything all right, Sky?" I asked.

"Yeah, Landon says he's fine with me and you being friends again as long as you don't make me cry again." She laughed. "Because then he said he would make you pay."

I laughed at that one. Landon has always been protective of Sky, but I know he wouldn't actually hurt me, we were too close of friends. Although if something did happen to Skylar he would have my balls. In a jar in his room because he's fucked up like that.

"Alright, Sky. Let's get ready for school."

Andrew drove to go pick up Tessa so that meant we had to walk to school today. Along the way we managed to pick up my brother's friends and Mason. 

While everyone else was on ahead of us, I picked Skylar up and twirled her around. She was screaming and laughing when I put her down. I almost died when I saw Sophie's face when I placed a kiss on Sky's nose.

"Skylar." I heard and looked up to see Landon and May standing about 20 feet in front of us. 

"Landon! I'm so sorry I forgot to tell you that I was spending the night with Mia. It kind of slipped my mind when I was with Blake—"

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Everything slipped my mind when I was with him too." May said, sending her a wink along with it.

My eyes went wide and I looked at Landon's reaction, but he was only paying attention to Sky. God knowing how much it hurt her when she found out, I kind of wanted to hit myself repeatedly until I felt what she did. 

"When I was with him at the park looking at the stars." She said sadly.

"Oh my heavens, I'm so sorry, Sky. I just assumed that, you know." May said then turned to Landon. "Please don't be mad at me, Land, I didn't mean to make her upset." He sighed and kissed May.

"I'm not mad at either of you, but Sky, please try to remember next time, okay?" Sky smiled and hugged him.

"Okay, I promise." She said and looked at him with her puppy dog eyes. He must have taken her word for it as they walked on ahead.

I watched the others walk ahead, then Skylar turned to me. She had this weird gleam in her eyes.

She walked up very close to me, put one hand on my face and one on my shoulder. My heart started pounding real fast. I wasn't sure exactly what was going to happen next but I know it's not going to be what I expect.

"Now Blake, you didn't think I would forget about you, did you?" She said.

I swallowed and shook my head.

She leaned in closer to my lips and started to close her eyes. My heart was in overdrive at this point. I started to close my eyes until I saw her move her face to my ear.

"Let's get to school, superstar." She said seductively as she ran her finger across my chest.

Wow, Skylar has never done anything like that before. This was a new and I'm a fan of the New Skylar.